Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

It depends...as a first time owner, I would definitely go with the '08 in warranty. The '05 Turbo would be a blast...how many owners, the mileage, and the general wear and tear are a consideration. Does the Turbo come with or have any mileage left on a certified used warranty through Porsche by chance?

I have an '06 Cayenne and an '08 Cayenne S...my '06 is in fantastic condition at 48K and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It remains in excellent condition and has been trouble free. Having stated that, a turbo is on my list of must have vehicles.

After waffling here...it depends. You definitely want a hassle free ride. The '08 is a safe bet for that...but you definitely need to run the pro/con checklist starting with price, mileage, condition, performance criteria, warranty, etc.

All the best,

Bill :beer:

I've got an '08 Cayenne S. I test drove the base '08 Cayenne also, and found it had a lot more power than previous base (V6) models. It's no hot rod, but plenty of power for regular driving. The Cayenne has been as reliable as my '05 Carrera, and definitely better build quality than my '01 Boxster. In '08, Cayennes got direct injection, which gives more power and better mileage than the older Cayenne fuel injection system.

What are you reasons for considering the Turbo? Lots more power? Bragging rights of having the word Turbo on the back deck? Red brake calipers? From a practicality, cost effectiveness and low hassle perspective, the '08 might be better.

Have you driven both, and what's most important to you?

do not drive the turbo;

you will want it !

having put 7K mile on our 04 Turbo in 5 months, I would have no problem in reccomending the older model, service history checking out OK

I'll second that, do not under any circumstances drive the Turbo unless you plan to buy it, otherwise the Cayenne V6 & V8 will seem inferior performance wise.

I have a 2004 Turbo too, had it 8 weeks and covered 2K without any problems.

I'm faced with the same dilemma - but for me its an '06 Turbo S or '08 S....I've driven both now - love the 2nd generation design but hard to pass up on the power of the Turbo S! Have heard too many bad things about the turbo's having problems though....let me know which way your leaning towards....

Decisions decisions.....good luck!

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a 06 TTS :D and you would be crazy to go with the '08 S (my 2 cents).

Put 800 miles on it, and took notes. I dropped it off at the dealer today (still have warrenty). What I noticed so far:

Panaramic roof, does not close from time to time.

Park assist goes off at front passenger side on complete stop, no one around.

Once warmed up (i believe its the motor) the car shakes (found TSB S-2445 if anyone can explain this TSB that would be great).

Tiptronic shifting from steering wheel is slow to respond (have a feeling this is normal, shifter is fine).

Creaking noise in the hatch area while driving (have a feeling this is the vertical screen twisting).

When first starting the car shifting from 2nd gear (when in automatic) it will not upshift for a longgg time to 3rd, seems it thinks i want to race (I do!, but not all the time), later on its fine.