Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Best Porsche of all Time

Pick your porsche  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my view and probably most of yours, Porsches are the best car to drive. I have owned mine for 4 years and still do not know how to articulate that I just love getting out on the road with me and my car.

So with that said everyone has their own opinion about Porsches. I am looking to see how "you" the people who know porsches and focus on the intricacies of a Porsche think are the top 10 Porsches of all time...The topic could be broken down into hundresds of categories but for the sake of this poll the question is simply which Porsches are the all time best.

Cheers.

Brian

Edited by CellN12345

In my view and probably most of yours, Porsches are the best car to drive. I have owned mine for 4 years and still do not know how to articulate that I just love getting out on the road with me and my car.

So with that said everyone has their own opinion about Porsches. I am looking to see how "you" the people who know porsches and focus on the intricacies of a Porsche think are the top 10 Porsches of all time...The topic could be broken down into hundresds of categories but for the sake of this poll the question is simply which Porsches are the all time best.

Cheers.

Brian

mine :lol:

porsche55_550spyder_959.jpg

The best Porsche of all time is not on your list.

Any Porsche that resorts to turbos and all-wheel-drive (that would be the one appropriately in the background here) goes against the minimalist philosophy that made the marque great in the first place!

IMHO :D

Edited by ZDan

The best Porsche of all time is not on your list.

Any Porsche that resorts to turbos and all-wheel-drive (that would be the one appropriately in the background here) goes against the minimalist philosophy that made the marque great in the first place!

IMHO :D

I agree turbo's deserve not to be mentioned.

OOPs pic's just slipped in.

post-4095-1250732747_thumb.jpg

post-4095-1250732756_thumb.jpg

Porsche has made so many great cars in the past, how could you possibly pick just one?! The 917 was an amazing track car, but not even on your list.

By definition, isn't the next car Porsche comes out with the best one, since (in theory) they apply everything they learned from the past ones to make the next one even better. The beauty of having several is you don't have to pick which one is best, you can drive the one to suit your mood at the time, or what you need the car for. I hate to say it, but for road trips with my wife and the dog, the Cayenne is usually the best choice, even on twisty roads. It's comfortable enough that my wife isn't unhappy, and my little doggie can stick her head out the window at 90 MPH. It's also a lot better than my Boxster when it's pouring rain, there's mud everywhere and I still want to drive a Porsche. When the weather is nice, driving my Boxster through the twisties with the top down is the best

OK, I'll play...seriously as a kid (which was a long time ago) I will never forget the turbo carrera. My dream car. I believe the 959 to be representative of the apex of the turbo carrera. There are certainly others that are milestones and great collectors items. I love them all (my wife prefers the 356!).