Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door lock no resistant

Key goes in the door lock with no resistant, and can't open the door.

Read several threads about this, and it probably caused by " missing linkage or lever ".

My question is : do I have to remove the whole panel to get reach of the lever or just the door handle assembly from outside? Difficult DIY?

Read several threads about this, and it probably caused by " missing linkage or lever ".

My question is : do I have to remove the whole panel to get reach of the lever or just the door handle assembly from outside? Difficult DIY?

I'm not positive, but I think you have to remove the door panel to fix it...sorry.

+1.

You cannot remove the door lock assembly from the outside. The door panel has to come off to gain access.

Regards, Maurice.

+1.

You cannot remove the door lock assembly from the outside. The door panel has to come off to gain access.

Regards, Maurice.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try it during my X'mas holiday.

• 2 months later...

Finally, I have removed the door panel and able to take a good look at the lock.

Linkage seems fine. It is the lock cylinder. There was a piece of broken metal off from the cylinder.

My options are:

- Replace it with a used lock and keep 2 sets of keys.

- Replace both Door lock and ignition lock. $$$

- Forget it. Just use the remote. Apparently, the remote is not working.

- Buy a used lock cylinder and swap the broken part. ( This is the min, $ solution, and only 1 key require.. Problem is, I have no idea how to disassemble the cylinder. I can't find any instruction from anywhere at all. )

Any other suggestion? Door lock disassemble instruction ?

post-46372-12676515738_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Problem fixed !

After removing the door panel and took out the key lock mechanism, I found 2 pieces of small metals.

Disassembled the key lock cyclinder and found the broken part. Ordered an used one from ebay and reinstall it.

The door can lock and unlock without a problem now.

If you have similar issue ( key lock no resistance ), very likely is the same broken part in the picture attached.

The linkage seems pretty strong to me.

Hope this help other members.

post-46372-126846119492_thumb.jpg

post-46372-126846120686_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a similar issue, I removed the drivers side door handle assy. and discovered that the door key no loner turns the long paddle on back of the door handle. Looks like I have the same de lima. So I need a used handle and swap out my door key cylinder correct?

D

If no damage to the linkage, very likely this is the same problem as mine.

I bought it used from ebay for like $35. I think it is a reasonable cost to gamble when I decided to go for it.

Just make sure it came with the lock mechanism ( driver side ).

• 2 months later...

@Artic99

Hi smak, I've got the same issue on a 99 boxster as/blk - uses the same lock as the 911. Do you have any instructions for taking out the lock cylinder and the spring, plate and cam that stick out behind it, in order to swap it for a used (working version)?

Thanks,

Phil