Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Look what some French youths did......

I didn't see a Paris tag on it, apparently it's some local (78 Versailles) muppets. They caught them, as I said, and had their parents into the police station....can't have been fun over Christmas!!

Unfortunately these people seem to do the same 'tags' on a lot of things........shops, restaurants, cars, etc. I was not the only one, and it goes to court soon, but being France, it will take around 6 months before anything happens. Then another 2 years before anything happens :)

I'm so sorry that happened to your car..

I saw a picture last year of a brand new GT3 that was parked in the owners driveway. Someone had lit it on fire and burnt it and his Benz next to it to the ground.

A lot of idiots out there....

I just looked at the pictures and missed the fact that that was your car! Great that they caught them and hopefully they will have to pay for the damage. I believe vandalism is basically a sign of jealousy.

Good luck, at least is just metal and paint and can be fixed.

They should let you have the ability to break their fingers to give them something to think about!

Fortunately it came off with a product some guys on the ferry back to the UK gave me, however not before I had got an official quote from the local Porsche dealership and submitted that to the local gendarmerie for compensation.....

I'm not angry it happened, we all do stupid things sometimes and if some kids learn not to do that at an early age it might prevent them doing something really stupid one day, possibly with not such an easy resolution.

I'm not angry it happened, we all do stupid things sometimes and if some kids learn not to do that at an early age it might prevent them doing something really stupid one day, possibly with not such an easy resolution.

That's very magnanimous; you must have kids yourself. At least your car wasn't "keyed": a vile practice, where someone runs the point of a key or knife blade along the length of the bodywork to permanently scar the paint.

Edited by 355bhp

This happened to me just last month. I've had a couple of 'bad' experiences with my car, but they never outweigh the positives of having it....

Fortunately the local cops picked them up and they will pay for it, but I had to go the the UK for a month with it looking like this!!

It`s very liberal for you to call gang members 'kids'.

Those "kids" place is to be hanged on a nearby tree.

This happened to me just last month. I've had a couple of 'bad' experiences with my car, but they never outweigh the positives of having it....

Fortunately the local cops picked them up and they will pay for it, but I had to go the the UK for a month with it looking like this!!

It`s very liberal for you to call gang members 'kids'.

Those "kids" place is to be hanged on a nearby tree.

:unsure: :( :lightbulb: