Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Porsche 996 Durametric Brake Bleeding Procedure

Hello people

I noticed that one of the many new great features offered by the new Durametric Tool software version is to perform the brake bleeding with a simple click command.

But I also noticed on that test info icon that the "bleeding screw" must be opened prior to perform the brake bleeding command,i don't have any ideea which screw it has to be opened?

The support team from Durametric also don't know.

Loren and all guru's please advice

Edited by ahamay

"But I also noticed on that test info icon that the "bleeding screw" must be opened prior to perform the brake bleeding command,i don't have any ideea which screw it has to be opened?"

then step away from the car, good god man these are your brakes!!!!!

not a new tire shine or wax

• 3 months later...

i was assuming that the brake pump must have his own bleeding screw.

no

i am not satissfied at all.

they are worse than the time then she was having rubber lines.

now with steel lines+motul racing brake fluid i was expecting an improvement.

also the abs is feelt during a kind of hard brake but not that hard to be expected,

i was assuming that the abs pump got air somehow when i changed the lines and brake fluid and that's why i wanted to bleed it via that software.

i am in contact with durametric,they try to find a solution because it is a software bug on theire toy but i will go at porsche to hook up an piwis and try to do the job.i bleed it manually a couple of tine but no air.

i can not understand how the hell is possibile not to bleed the full air even if it is in the abs pump,i bleed the hell out of them.

Edited by ahamay

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...