Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Battery Compartment Cover Hold Down Nut

Ahhhhh, it's spring! Time for Boxstering!

This was bugging me last year all year long, but never got around to fixing it.

The battery cover on my 2001 Boxster has a part missing. It's not the cover itself, but its the little plastic hold-down "nut" that is where the little 1/2 turn cams would lock into. The passenger side clearly has a little white plastic part that the cam locks into, and when you give it a twist, holds the cover down. My drivers side, just has a hole where there should be something, but apparently it's broken off and fallen away.I have the little screw part in the cover - just nothing for it to lock into when you turn it.

I checked the PET to try to find it. Group 8, Illustration 813-20 shows the cover, and the cowl cover 996.572.561.01. The drawing shows the battery cover plasitic screws and them going into the cowl cover, but no where do I see the little plastic bit. It's definately not part of the cowl cover, as I can remove the passenger size and the white piece is still in the metal-work of the car.

Any ideas what that little plastic clip part number is, and can it even be replaced?

I'll take a picture tonight, since they're worth 1000 words. The cams (posts) that you turn on the cover are fine. What I need is a little white, rectangular clip that snaps into the body work under the cowl covers, that the black posts lock into and bite on to hold the cover down.

it's about a 3/4 inch wide white clip that snaps into a larger rectangular hole in the underlying metal under the cover.

Here's what I'm after. This is a picture of the drivers side. It's just under the cowl, and the battery cover overlaps this, and the little "T" nuts that hold the cover, lock into this and bite down, to hold it down.

It just snaps in. Passenger side is the one missing.

post-43496-127058645491_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Here's what I'm after. This is a picture of the drivers side. It's just under the cowl, and the battery cover overlaps this, and the little "T" nuts that hold the cover, lock into this and bite down, to hold it down.

It just snaps in. Passenger side is the one missing.

post-43496-127058645491_thumb.jpg

I think your only hope on this one is either a dealer or wrecking yard; I'm not aware of any aftermarket sources.