Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

i am wondering if anybody has really gotten in touch with PORSCHE and asked about DIY oil change affecting warranty claims. it seems that a lot of delaers actually overfill oil when a simple change oil is done. I am sure any knowledgable owner with some DIY experience can do the job better as there are no time constraints to doing the job right. For a simple oil change can Porsche void warranty specially if the service was properly documented. I intend to video the whole process so that PORSCHE cannot deny right service.

i am wondering if anybody has really gotten in touch with PORSCHE and asked about DIY oil change affecting warranty claims. it seems that a lot of delaers actually overfill oil when a simple change oil is done. I am sure any knowledgable owner with some DIY experience can do the job better as there are no time constraints to doing the job right. For a simple oil change can Porsche void warranty specially if the service was properly documented. I intend to video the whole process so that PORSCHE cannot deny right service.

Rick:

Potential warranty claims are governed by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (a federal statute) and state versions of that statute, not by Porsche's internal policies. Of course, like everything else, Porsche's official policy will tailor its procedures to maximize traffic into its service departments. To be fair, other car makers do as well.

Similarly, car makers cannot void a warranty simply because you use aftermarket parts, although many of them would have you believe exactly that. The Act puts the burden on them to prove that the "inferior" quality of the aftermarket part, or its effect, caused the failure that is the subject of a particular warranty claim.

If you properly document your oil changes, with contemporaneous receipts for the oil and filter, etc., they cannot rightfully deny a claim. At worst, when push comes to shove at a hearing, you would have to demonstrate your competence as a mechanic capable of doing an oil change. Not a very high bar to reach.

Regards, Maurice.

if you were in the U.S. i would say go for it.... but considering we only have one POrsche dealer here in the country, it's not worth risking your warranty. Just consider it as cost of owning a Porsche in the RP :-) I'm sure just like many of us, you bought a car from PGA primarily because of the warranty support considering you can buy a car from the grey market for much less but without warranty support.