Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

So I had the coolant lines changed 35K miles ago by the dealer, before I knew better and got raped in the process -Im over it.. But just Friday it happend again. Coolant flowing heavy from rear of the motor, drains within seconds.

I removed the intake today.. Same plastic pipes but no visual signs of cracks or excessive moisture. There is a very small (very small) amount of moisture under the starter.

Is it possible those pipes cracked again so soon?

More importantly (and fearfully) Could it be something else like the rubber pipes that connect to the plastic ones and run behind the motor? :unsure: How can I tell?

Thanks All!

post-58823-070168200 1278465881_thumb.jp

post-58823-065829100 1278465902_thumb.jp

post-58823-088713500 1278465926_thumb.jp

If you don't see any coolant under the intake you may want to check the plastic y pipe that comes off the back of the pipe which is the far right of the three on top. Its unique to the Turbo and it has shown to be another weak link in the cayenne coolant system.

Plastic pipes were reinstalled cause I got shafted. Paid A LOT of money too.. They sold me on the "oh we have to remove the front end of your car, take out the motor, take things apart to discover what the problem is." As if the pipes and coolant system didn't have well known issues. ...Unless they changed the pipes that go down the back of the motor, those are aluminum, but I doubt it. I can't find the invoice to check, Ill keep looking.

Anyway, Yes, it is the plastic Y piece that is just behind the 3 pipes connected to the one closest to the driver side. Huge crack.

Any upgrades to this piece? I haven't checked that link above yet but will now. Thanks

Well, depending on when you had yours repaired, the aluminum pipes might not have been available yet. IIRC, the plastic pipes were longer available from Porsche parts as soon as the aluminum pipes were released. If this is the case, the engine did indeed have to be removed to replace the plastic pipes with new(old) plastic pipes.

Anyhow the Y piece that you're describing is still plastic unfortuately.

The T pipes, to my knowledge were never replaced with metal ones. I know someone who tried to fabricate metal ones and failed. Life expectancy of the T pipes varies depending on geographic location, similar to the coolant pipe, expect every 50K worst case until they decide to put metal in.

I think a small shop could create metal ones given there was a market (indeed there is)

Just bought a used 06 CS imported from UK. The coolant lines are already made of aluminum. The local sales rep said all CS and CT from 05 come with aluminum pipes ex-factory. Is this true?

Edited by duboisi

Just bought a used 06 CS imported from UK. The coolant lines are already made of aluminum. The local sales rep said all CS and CT from 05 come with aluminum pipes ex-factory. Is this true?

i have 2009 CT and coolant pipes were replaced due to leak at 25k km. so what do you think? do you think Porsche would fix obvious design problem in less than 5 years?