Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Durametric 6.0 + brake bleeding.....

jpflip

Anyone ever used the last version of Durametric Version 6.0.3.1 BETA and tried to operate the brake booster pump to bleed the brakes as per Porsche repair manual. I had no success and would like to know if I did something wrong. The booster pump never seems to operate even after selecting start on the "ABS" activation menu....Thanks, J.P.

• Moderators

Anyone ever used the last version of Durametric Version 6.0.3.1 BETA and tried to operate the brake booster pump to bleed the brakes as per Porsche repair manual. I had no success and would like to know if I did something wrong. The booster pump never seems to operate even after selecting start on the "ABS" activation menu....Thanks, J.P.

First of all, you really do not need to run the pump unless you have gotten air into the system, most delaerships do not use the manual's recommendations unless there is a problem........

• Admin

I have both Durametric 5 and 6 on my laptop as some things are not totally working yet in version 6 (hence the "beta").

As JFP in PA said unless you have gotten air into the system (during normal driving) or by replacing a master cylinder don't worry about air in the ABS/PSM.

Thanks for your replied JFP and Loren. Hope you understand that I was trying the new software while doing the bleeding on the car. My concern was that the system was dripping in all four corners for about two weeks because I was waiting for parts and I was also replacing the fluid for Motul RBF 600. The repair manual mention that eventuality ( "Also carry out this procedure if the brake hydraulics was largely empty or if after bleeding residual air

can be detected by excessive brake−pedal travel") and recommend to the a deep bleeding with booster pump "on" . Anyway just went for a road test and everything is fine. I agree with you Loren it is still a beta software and may be this activation is not working yet. Thanks anyway, J.P.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your replied JFP and Loren. Hope you understand that I was trying the new software while doing the bleeding on the car. My concern was that the system was dripping in all four corners for about two weeks because I was waiting for parts and I was also replacing the fluid for Motul RBF 600. The repair manual mention that eventuality ( "Also carry out this procedure if the brake hydraulics was largely empty or if after bleeding residual air

can be detected by excessive brake−pedal travel") and recommend to the a deep bleeding with booster pump "on" . Anyway just went for a road test and everything is fine. I agree with you Loren it is still a beta software and may be this activation is not working yet. Thanks anyway, J.P.

Any update on this? I am swtiching to Motul RBF600 and would rather have all new fluid (as much as possible) going forward. I do recognize that for 'run of the mill' flushes it isn't needed.

Curious if it can be done on the durametric

A

Any update on this? I am swtiching to Motul RBF600 and would rather have all new fluid (as much as possible) going forward. I do recognize that for 'run of the mill' flushes it isn't needed.

Curious if it can be done on the durametric

A

Sorry Ard. I did not have any success with durametric and I had to bleed it using the motive bleeder solution....

Sorry Ard. I did not have any success with durametric and I had to bleed it using the motive bleeder solution....

Yeah, my read is that you need the Durametric Professional Product to have a hope of V6 working...(I am rather annoyed that they claimed the 'enthusiast version' is the same as the Pro, except for the # of car limit...then changed their story after they realized V6 would not work in the enthusiast format)

I'm using a motive, just was hoping to fill the whole system with the same fluid.

See what durametric says, maybe pick up the pro version and lease it out to anyone that wants it!

Regards

Adam

Edited by ard.

Yeah, my read is that you need the Durametric Professional Product to have a hope of V6 working...(I am rather annoyed that they claimed the 'enthusiast version' is the same as the Pro, except for the # of car limit...then changed their story after they realized V6 would not work in the enthusiast format)

I'm using a motive, just was hoping to fill the whole system with the same fluid.

See what durametric says, maybe pick up the pro version and lease it out to anyone that wants it!

Regards

Adam

I didn't know that Adam but I have the professional version and many functions seems not to be working. As soon the non beta is out I will try again.... Shame on Durametric if the software is partially usable with the enthusiast version, it make no sense..... Sounds like Quicktime and Quicktime pro .....

I too have both versions, and version 6 even with the latest update is not that good. I put it down to my Lap Top being to slow. Some drive links actually all the drive links dont work and other functions cause my lap top to keep " Not Responding". The more I read about it the more it seems the latest version is not up to Parr. I have the professional Duramatric.

I found the best way to bleed the brakes is with "Gunsons Easy Bleed". It pressurises the system from the Hydraulic reservoir and all you do is crack open each nipple in turn.

Frank

I too have both versions, and version 6 even with the latest update is not that good. I put it down to my Lap Top being to slow. Some drive links actually all the drive links dont work and other functions cause my lap top to keep " Not Responding". The more I read about it the more it seems the latest version is not up to Parr. I have the professional Duramatric.

I found the best way to bleed the brakes is with "Gunsons Easy Bleed". It pressurises the system from the Hydraulic reservoir and all you do is crack open each nipple in turn.

Frank

Hello, Frank! There was a discussion on Renntrack about Durametric. Take a look Durametric . The multiple functions of version 6 are starting to work... But I am exactly like you, cannot run drive links, cannot register more than 2 datas....

Frank

Hello, Frank! There was a discussion on Renntrack about Durametric. Take a look Durametric . The multiple functions of version 6 are starting to work... But I am exactly like you, cannot run drive links, cannot register more than 2 datas....

Hi JP,

Thanks for the link. To be honest that now leaves me even more concerned. I was going to buy a Duel Core Lap Top to see if it mas my computer,but I think there are others with much better Laptops having the same problem. I have only managed to get 3 to 4 live data loggers running on version 6 before it freezes and other functions cause the programme to " Not Respond".

I have e-mailed Owen many many times and he is very helpful. But he keeps asking me yo send him logs, the problem is that there just is not enough data for him as the problem I have is " Not Responding ", so Durametric isn't logging.

Version 5 seems to work well so OK for now.

Durametric will come into its own id they develop the ability to code in new control module. Foe eg, new ABS unit, air con unit, Alarm-cl unit. At the moment, a dIY'r can replace the units but it has to go to an OPC to be re-coded.

Frank

Edited by Sunnyside

• 1 year later...

I ended up purchasing Kevin's (UMW) logging platform to get the whole data set at over 50 samples a second.

When I originally used the Durametric for logging (V6) I was able to log 6 - 7 different parameters during test drives, It appeared to be achieving around 8 samples a second.

I have an older (Centrino dual core) laptop running XP, but I have upgraded the hard drive to SSD which I think helps (I'm running an Intel SSD).

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just reading through the forum. All the problems are the same that I was experiencing last year with the Durametric kit I purchased. At the time I was running it a quad core laptop and everything that Owen suggested would not work. Has Durametric improved?

I also need to bleed my brakes - the booster pump has been removed and refited. I thought that I had got all the air out (pressurised the res while someone worked the pedal - it took about 2 litres of fluid to get all the bubbles out). But now I have intermittant problems where my PSM / ABS fail - refer other post.

Has anyone tried to power up the booster pump directly?

Thanks,

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

have you gotten anywhere with the pump/valve activation ?? Same issue here, replaced master cyl, conventional bleed done, good pedal feel but at exactly 33 mph the abs/psm light goes on and disables the abs...arghhh drives be nuts ! BTW on dirt the abs/psm is working perfectly below the 33 mph. 30 mph,dirt,stand on brakes, abs functions as it should, same with psm in a corner. And also I did hook 12v to the pump and ran it a bit. No change.

Hi DasBoost.

I have a another thread going and I posted this update yesterday:

I had a play around with the car and the Durametric system on the weekend (even down loaded the latest version).

I can get the PMS / ABS / Brake Distribution to occur consistently by hard cornering - even when the car and brakes are cold.

Occasionally this will bring up the fault code 4276 "valve supply voltage". Working through the manual this refers to the hydraulic pump in the abs unit - I have done all the other checks in the manual and they are ok. Leaving me with "replace hydraulic unit". I still feel that a brake bleed might fix the problem, but my software will not run pump....

When you say that you had put 12V directly on the pump - are you talking about the pump just below the master cylinder or the pump on the abs unit? I have previously tried directly powering up the pump below the master cylinder during the bleed process and it pushed fluid through, but didn't clear any bubbles. After doing some research on the weekend, I found that this pump is called the "pre-charge pump" and is not the pump that should be run during the bleed process. As I now understand it, the pump that should be run is the pump built into the ABS module which is referred to in the manual as the "hydraulic unit". I have not tried to see whether the latest version of the Durametric will run the pump or not, but I don't hold out a lot of hope as other activations that I tried did not work...

Derek