Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi One & All

OK i have just collected my 2003 cayenne s & im a very happy chappy.

But the car has the standard CDR23 system and i want to upgrade to the PCM.

i have done some investigating and spoke to my local porsche dealer who tell me that the car was originally fitted with a PCM.

i've had a look in the boot (trunk) sorry im in england!!, and it has the 6 cd changer but i cant see any dvd/ cd player for the sat nav, so i guess at some stage somone took out the whole system for whatever reason.

if porsche have made an error and the car was originally fitted with the cdr23 do you guys know if it will still have the wiring to fit a pcm, or am i hoping?

what is the easiest way to check if the wiring is fitted, and am i right in saying the sat nav dvd/ cd drive is in the trunk somewhere?

many thanks in advance

waynerp

what is the easiest way to check if the wiring is fitted

look at your codes for factory options installed or send me your vin (by PM, pls dont post in the forum), or if your dealer is closer ask him to check against your vin what options your car has

A MY2003 Cayenne would have been fitted with PCM2.0, which uses the CD drive in the main unit as the navigation drive. From MY2005 they fitted PCM2.1 which has the separate DVD navigation drive under the seat.

I find it difficult to believe it was downgraded from PCM to CDR23, but as has been said, it would show on the options sticker in the maintenance booklet.

ok i see the tbs's. so how does one become a contributing member?

Hi

without sounding like a newbie, but what are the TBSs ??

Hi -- like Loren noted check out the TSBs. (And be sure to become a contributing member -- it's worth it alone just to access the TBSs.)