Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

The Porsche 996 twin turbo potential issues

The Porsche 996 twin turbo potential issues

The Porsche 996 twin turbo potential issues…. note: some of the links you need to be contributor to the forum to be able to view them…. Please take note there is nothing related to modification or upgrade..... After over 6 years experience with my TT and after searching four different forums ( renntech, rennlist, 6speed, renntrack) I came up with this list of possible failures…. Hope this help. Thanks to jjbravo, smdubovsky, Patrnflyr, Pumalex, FAST FWD, fdorn, Webtool1, rolfjahn, Ruiner, Da

Edited by jpflip

Nice list jp...I am not sure what common means (statistically speaking that is), but none the less a great resource list for many TT owners. Here are some others to consider for your list:

fuel filler problems (fuse or sensor)

amp - fuses

Key FOB issues (retraining, etc)

Battery draining

I didn't add any links, let me know if you want some. Thanks!

Edited by wross996TT

Thanks Wross for these suggestions, I will work on these later this week. I am thinking about the "common" word that I used and I am open to any suggestions. "possible issues", "weaknesses" (ouch), "possible failures", "recorded failures".... ???? I cannot believe that I forgot the fuse for the filler. I had that problem one night and could not remember which fuse!!! thanks for heads up!

Edited by jpflip

• 1 month later...

Just perusing the forums and see how helpful these posts are with possible "problems". Especially the fuel filler problem.

Thanks for all your research and work!

Welcome Kato. It was pay back time for me since I learn so much from Renntech and also save me trips to the dealer...smile.gif

• 8 months later...

Just bought a 2001 996TT so I am thankful for you posting this up. Fortunately I am only looking at the accumulator issue but hope to contribute positively to such a good resource.

Your welcome '2wheels4fun. There is also a section called "DIY Tutorials" that is also really useful, if you become a "contributor" welcomeani.gif

Nice one JP.

now all you have to do is get it into Alphabetical order and have it put into the DIY section as common faults/problems.

Then when ever some one wants to add to the list with a new defect/problem you could edit it and put the defect and potential repair in the list as well. In time we would have a comprehensive quick guide.

Frank. :thankyou:

Nice one JP.

now all you have to do is get it into Alphabetical order and have it put into the DIY section as common faults/problems.

Then when ever some one wants to add to the list with a new defect/problem you could edit it and put the defect and potential repair in the list as well. In time we would have a comprehensive quick guide.

Frank. :thankyou:

Good Idea Frank! Thanks for these suggestions. Of course I will need Loren's help with the "move" towards the DIY section. smile.gif J.P.

• Like 1