Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Check Engine Light

Hi Guys,

I'm re-opening this thread as I seem to be riding the same ship as you are or have been on:

- My engine blew up in sept 2009 on the track (MY05 IMS) and porsche provided me with a MY06 engine free of charge, cost me $6k in labour to replace etc, and got a 2 year full warranty on engine (link to complete story here)

- Two weeks after I got the car back (4 weeks later), my check engine light came on. So back to OPC I went, car was looked at, they told me it is a cylinder misfire, and it is normal for new enginers and that I should keep driving the car under 4k rpm as I have had for the prior couple of week. They reset the light and gave the car back to me

- few weeks later, light comes back on, I can paste the last point 6 more times for you guys with reasons varying from: - oil cap was on wrong (nobody had touched the oil cap but the OPC), more misfires, may be your flywheel slipping or being misaligned, could be your crank shaft being misaligned, could be your coils/plugs, your ECU/computer needs to be reprogrammed

- so far I have swapped all coils/plugs, reprogrammed the computer, and also I have a brand new clutch as well as flywheel put in the car which was not cheap and the misfires persist

The car drives beautifully and no mechanical or performance issues are present what-so-ever. I read in the last post regarding "faulty valve lifter solenoid" ? should I bring this up with the OPC? is it normal to take the OPC over a year and with so much additional costs to me? Where is my warranty? this issue did not exist prior to engine swap. The issue happens for me in one bank only and the fuel compensation to that bank is slightly different than the other. I could provide more PIWIS info if required.

The past couple of days I've also got the following on dash:

post-43497-0-63693400-1289922010_thumb.j

Any help is appreciated

Tekky

okay let's see if this info sheds any more light on the situation:

initially the misfire was "mostly" on cylinder 3, the OPC swapped the plugs from cylinder 2 over to 3 and retested, misfire was retained on cylinder 3, OPC swapped the coils over from cylinder 2 to cylinder 3, misfire still persisted. OPC re-flashed DME, issue went away (temporarily). 2 weeks later check engine light is back.

OPC replaced plugs/coils on cylinder 3 - issue remains. and now the error codes are on 5 out of the 6 cylinders. before it was mostly cylinders 3 and some misfires on cylinder 1.

tekky

Maybe it has more to do with the motor

you installed. You replaced a MY05 motor with

a new MY06 motor.

Could it be that the dealer flashed your car with

the 05 spec when he should of used the

06 spec?

Sounds like another trip to the dealer.

Paul

• Upvote 1

I have the car booked for Wednesday - they have asked me to sign off on 3 hours of inspection @ $120/hr

I will mention the reprogramming suggestion see what they say.

if it is engine related, they bill Porsche if its not im on the hook.

UPDATE:

Carbon Copy of my last invoice was handed to me. they charged me for 3 hours of labour to look at the car inside and out, cylinders, sensors, fuel lines, pumps... all were fine. The misfires were present. DME was re-flashed to an updated version and misfires were gone at idle and throughout rev's. De Ja Vu I said, give it 2 weeks.

here's a photo of their prognosis:

post-43497-0-21911400-1290639225_thumb.j

They also said there has been a few over-rev's since the last time the car was with them, and that could have caused the misfires, but the misfires were present ever since the new engine! even when I was breaking it in for the first 2k miles below 4k rpms so I doubt that's a valid excuse.

Any other ideas? no light yet but then again it usually takes 2 weeks for it to come back on.

Tekky

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I have the same misfire in all cylinders problem on my 05C2. The car runs perfect. The misfire always happen when the choke is cutting off and I feel a little drop in the RPMs. The light comes on and stays on but the car runs perfect. The Durametric is giving the misfire codes 300s 01-06. I changed the coils and spark plugs and 2weeks latter it happens again. I was wondering if there is any new insight in the all cylinders random misfire. Thanks.