Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

The saga continues! Blew up "NEW' engine

The car was running great after I installed the replacement flywheel that Aasco sent me. I had also installed the Accusump and drove the car 40 or 50 miles around town last weekend. Everything seemed perfect. Loaded the car up for the DE at Barber this weekend. Teched out ok and I drove 4 or 5 "parade" laps to get re-familiarized with the track. Everything seemed fine. Went out with my run group and did 2 pace laps....first green flag lap and I let a couple of cars go by as I wanted to bring it up to speed slowly. Got up to about 90mph on the first straight away, through the first turn and up the hill into the next straight, pressed the clutch for the hairpin, down shifted to 2nd and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. The engine was dead, popped the clutch to restart, powered through the next straight.....kept it running through the next turns, but noticed a rattle on the subsequent straights. Backed out of it and pointed everyone by. Gave it a little more gas to get off the track and now it is a definite clatter. Limped it off the track...coasted into pits. Started it one more time with my helmet off....sounded like a sack full of wrenches! Pushed it onto the trailer and drove home! FUN!

Anyone know of any good basket weaving classes?

Pull the OBD codes from the ECU before you do anything else, as they may give you a clue. My used 3.4L replacement engine broke a valve spring after running about 4800 miles (misfire codes for a particular cylinder, no improvement with changed plug or igniter, low/no compression on that cylinder), but it was repairable. But it doesn't sound good...

Edited by Lightning MO