Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Super deal on Cayenne Aluminum coolant line kit

It looks like that kit is missiing a few of the parts... at least for a CTT. The two T pipes in back of the engine and intake gaskets where not on another person who posted their parts kit from either rennlist or 6speedonline. I ordered mine from Sunset for 450 which included the two T pipes and the gaskets. I went over every part number with Sunset to varrify. I am not sure but maybe the non turbo's dont use the T pipes and that is the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

carreracup03 - any chance you could list the part numbers here? I got a quote from Sunset but it doesnt contain the part descriptions - just the numbers. Sorry if it is on this site somewhere but if it is I cant find it

Many thanks

PKN

• Admin

carreracup03 - any chance you could list the part numbers here? I got a quote from Sunset but it doesnt contain the part descriptions - just the numbers. Sorry if it is on this site somewhere but if it is I cant find it

Many thanks

PKN

A complete description, part numbers and descriptions are in the TSB (Contributing Members Only).

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=confirm_download&id=1395

Thanks Loren - I had already found the TSB. I was really looking to make sure I had the correct T pieces at the back of the engine but I spoke with Sunset and got it all squared away - about $480 including the T pieces, a gallon of coolant and shipping. Great deal, thanks Carreracup03

PKN

PKN, I am sorry I just saw this. Sounds like you have the right kit. I have both the T pipes in back of the engine, along with a number of seals and gaskets that are not in other kits. Sunset told me they make their own kit of all parts that should be changed. Now I have to install the kit :)

Edited by carreracup03

• 1 month later...

I ordered this "kit" - and found parts ARE missing:

1 - Hose clamps for the short stub hose to join the two parts of the big pipe. PN: 999-512-389-01, cost at the local dealer - $6.78/each - total $13.56

2 - The assembly grease "Synthesto Glep GR" - PN 000-043-204-68, cost at the local dealer - $24.73 (I think the grease is multipurpose, wish they'd used it when they sold me the antifreeze.. dry.gif )

3 - Intake manifold gaskets. Dunno about you - but when this sort of gasket is disturbed I figure on replacing them. "Intake Distrib G" - PN 9480110-145-01 cost at local dealer - $31.64/each - total $63.28.

4 - Antifreeze. Not planning on using the old stuff over, and didn't expect it in the "kit" since it would be costly to ship. PN 000-043-301-05 "Antifreeze 3.7" - cost from local dealer $44.24/each - total for 2 gallons - $88.48 (WOW - and they didn't even kiss me..)

Total from the local dealer was $190.05 + tax = $203.36

The "kit" from Sonnen was $396.97 - PLUS - $50/shipping. The shipping cost seems excessive to me since it was shipped in a flat-rate FedEx box. Dunno how much it cost them - it does appear they ship with 3 day delivery, so that can be a bit expensive.

So far - the total is $600.33. Hopefully that's all the parts it will need.

I also saw in a thread here that there is a T fitting at the rear of the engine that should be replaced. It was suggested in the thread that this be replaced when doing the pipes. I used PET to look it up - and ordered that from Sonnen with the rest of the stuff. Cost at their price was about $10.00. Thing is - there is NO T fitting on the '06 CS - what appears in PET as a fitting with two hose stubs attached (and the outlet of the T blanked off) is actually just a hose. Straight through. No plastic T at all. Don't waste your money.

Edited by deilenberger