Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to add satellite to 997?

What is the best way to DIY add satellite to my 2006 997 C2? My wife's new '11 Cayenne has satellite and now I want it.

I have Bose and CD changer but no NAV.

Thanks!

I did the same install on my 2006 C2s which has Bose, Nav and CD-Changer. I had the dealer do it and had them put the unit on top of the changer.

Be advised that due to location of the sat antenna, it can get a bit spotty with coverage. More so when trees are over the road.

Still, sure beats FM.

Other than listening to the engine via sport exhaust, the Sirius was great to have on long drives.

Deanski

If cost is no object any decent stereo installer can install the correct module to interface directly with the PCM. But for $ 50 bucks or so you can get the kit with the radio interface that works by running through an unused station on the FM radio. Not as fancy but the sound isn't any worse than a regular radio station if you experiment a bit to find the best respection on the PCM and the install is simple. Power cord just plugs into the extra 12 volt receptical in the passenger foot well and the antenna wil stick to any magnetic surface. Spend as much or as little time as you want hidding the wires but even that's not that challenging. A cost effective alternative to spending a grand or so just so you can read the channel lineup on the PCM.

Anyone having issue with thier XM units? I just bought a new to me 07 TT that has this installed. It does not work 100% of the time. Sometimes I get in the car, turn on the radio, switch to XM, and then I hear nothing or it will not switch stations. I have to turn the car off completely for it to start working again.

I alway shut the radio off before turning the car off too.

Thanks,

Eric