Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

205/50-17 to 225/45-17

If I keep the same front stock turbo twists that are 17X7 with a 55 mm offset and 205/50/17's... can I put a 225/45-17's on the rim with no

interference?

The rears are 17X9 with a 55 mm offset with 255/40-17's. I am replacing them with 17X11 et 81mm offset and 295/35-17's.

This is a 99 narrow body C2.

Thanks for the info. I found the TSB on this site and basically I can achieve what I set out to do only

I have to calculate the tire profile for a 17" rim. Everything is in 18". Maybe I am just to "old school"

and like the 17" more than the larger rims.

ran 225x45x17s on my stock 7" turbo twists on the front of my '99 Boxster with absolutely no interference....and the car was running about 1.5 inches lower than stock.

so should work on a 996 with no problems. :thumbup:

I just put on 7.5 x 17 rim on the front with 225 45s and all is well. The wheel is a ET47 offset which basically just re-centers the 7.5 rim. My C4 sits on PSS9 lowered to GT3 height. So I doubt you would have any issue in the front ... but I would be interested in hearing about the 11 x 17s on the rear.

Well, that is a relief. Thanks. I didn't think going from a 205 to a 225 keeping the same 7" rim is a big physical

change.

The 17X11's are my old 17X9's widened by a machine shop is SoCal. Not many places do OEM factory porsche rims, so I had to

send them off in the mail.

If I keep the same front stock turbo twists that are 17X7 with a 55 mm offset and 205/50/17's... can I put a 225/45-17's on the rim with no

interference?

The rears are 17X9 with a 55 mm offset with 255/40-17's. I am replacing them with 17X11 et 81mm offset and 295/35-17's.

This is a 99 narrow body C2.

I also have stock 17" rims, and I've been wondering the same thing. The 205's are just too skinny, and result in significant understeer.

The Rim Width range for the 225/45R-17 is 7.00 to 8.50 inches.

Tire Rack specifies this on the invoice I received after ordering the new tires.

The Rim Width range for the 295/35R-17 is 10.00 to 11.50 inches, also noted on the invoice.