Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Alarm failure, horn beep after closing the car

I'm trying to fix this problem since 3 years or more... finally got my PIWIS, the fault code memory says "33", at page 90 - D 41 of the workshop manual it says "Replace passenger compartment monitoring sensor", I replaced it for about 130€, nothing changed... same fault code!

So, I started to do all the tests points of the workshop, from number 22 to 36, and the only thing I discovered was an issue on test point 32 step 3, now the solution is to "check the wiring harness for pinches and chafing damage"... My question: is there any simple way to test this wiring harness??

post-36228-0-79262100-1323027742_thumb.j

• Moderators

First of all, stop randomly changing parts and find out what is causing the alarm fault. These cars store the last ten alarm faults in computer memory, scan the car with a PIWIS unit or the Durametric software and you will know for sure where the issue lies. Quite often, the two favorites are the armrest contact switch, or the radio security ground wire.

Did you replace both of the compartment sensors?

IIRC there is one near the reading light and a second near the windshield.

For wiring, you could test for continuity between the alarm module and the sensors.

I changed the one (the unit) near the reading light, where is the other one?

Something else to consider is if someone wired a radar detector using the wiring at the headliner bulkhead. If so, they may have damaged the wiring.

No radar detectors in Italy :(

I changed the one (the unit) near the reading light, where is the other one?

Sorry, I was thinking of the sensor at the front part of the dash close to the window. I believe that is a sun sensor and alarm light indicator, not a passenger compartment sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

I finally had a new sensor (number 2) from the dealer, now I have fault 33 & 34!

I do not have the Alarm Siren and the tilt sensor, I checked the compartment monitoring sensor by closing the car with the remote and keeping the window open, after 30s if I move my hand inside the car the alarm horn goes on! so the sensor is actually working?!

I assume this is a RoW car by the M534 option. Perhaps the coding of the unit has been changed for USA or otherwise since I see you are in two locations?

In a more likely case, since you've eliminated the wiring and sensor, whats left in the picture is the alarm module.

That unit 99661826006 costs about $275 USD at discount, but also needs to be coded by a shop who has a PST2 or PIWIS.

Since throwing parts at it doesn't always work, it might pay to take it to a shop who has experience troubleshooting these issues (and could also program a replacement unit).

You'll need to get your cars IPASS codes which only the dealer or authorized shop with a PIWIS subscription can obtain. If you show proof of ownership a shop might provide you with the codes.

Also, not 100% certain but you might also need the donor cars codes, which you probably won't be able to get. Or at least there was something about alarm unit coding limitations on used units. Lorens better at this stuff than me, so maybe he is reading this thread.