Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can u clear my Airbag Light? North Bay, CA

the airbag warning light is on in my 2000 Boxster. there are no fault codes present. i had removed the steering wheel to switch out the turn signal / wipers control unit and shoulda read through the procedure from start to finish before doing so...because i could have avoided this issue:(

is there anybody in the north bay area who has the diag tool for clearing this up and would be willing to do so? i am in sonoma county and i am pretty flexible time-wise, feel free to email me at my forum user name at hotmail. or text me at 7o7 48o nyne for 1 one.

fyi: i checked the post for people who have the diagnostic tools....closest i found was san jose and roseville. i rarely get to those places unless travelling somewhere with the family.

thank you!

• Admin

What are you using to test for codes?

A generic tester will not likely work for airbag codes - you will need Durametric, a Porsche PST2, or Porsche PIWIS tester.

Also, if the fault is not corrected then the light will just come back on. So it is best to know why the light is on and verify that the problem is fixed.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow, sinking $287 into a Durametric, but it's well worth the cost. Whether you find someone to clear your airbag light or not, definitely consider getting a Durametric.

thank you for the replies. but i am pretty certain that the light is staying on because the battery was not disconnected when it shoulda been. only tool i have to check codes is the obd....so yes, there may be fault code(s) present. thank you.

• 6 years later...
44 minutes ago, BobieMac said:

Nevermind, I found them. I couldn't figure out how to delete my original post. http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx ?

Edited by BobieMac