Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 Alignment Specs

gt3Steve

• Admin

No, I don't have any specific alignment specs yet. But, the shocks and springs are changed for MY04 (from pre-MY03 RoW GT3's). Nothing else in the geometry seems to have changed (according to the parts list -- which I do have).

Here is the spec for the earlier cars (realize this would be RoW height):

alignmentoldgt3.gif

• Moderators

Plus toe, (+5' = 0.0833 degrees total toe in) is toe in which is not twitchy in straight ahead travel. Some amount of toe out is usually said to aid turn in, but, be twitchy in straight ahead.

• 2 months later...

Here are the numbers for the 2004 GT3, for both RoW and USA. Thank you Gert for finding this information.

Front axle height: 115 + 5mm (115 to 120mm)

Rear axle height: 128 + 5mm (128 to 133mm)

Front axle:

Toe unpressed (total): +8' +/- 2'

Toe difference at 20° lock: -1°30' +/- 30'

Camber: -1° +/- 5'

Max camber difference, left/right: 10'

Caster: 8° +/- 30'

Max caster difference, left/right: 40'

Rear axle:

Toe per wheel: +13' +/- 2'

Max toe difference, left/right: 5'

Camber: -1°50' +/- 5'

Edited by mds

Most, if not all, dealers don't check the alignment when the cars are delivered. Porsche will however cover an alignment in the first few thousand miles (or months, I forget which) so if you feel it's off have your dealer check. When done on my Boxster S we discovered a .2 degree variance in rear toe and I was much happier with the handling after it was adjusted.

You mean I can go to my dealer next spring when the snow melts and ask for an alignment (car will still have less than 2K miles on it as I won't drive it much in the winter) and Porsche will pick up the tab??

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

Updated GT3 (mk1)/GT3 (mk2)/GT3 RS specs:

Height:

911 GT3 M002 = road version and 911 GT3 M003 = Club Sport version are the same as far as adjustment is concerned.

The GT3 - from model year 2004, is also offered in USA. The values listed are valid for RoW and USA.

The GT3 RS (as of model year 2004) is not offered in the USA (August 2003 version).

post-2-1106604514_thumb.jpg

Alignment:

post-2-1106604618_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
No, I don't have any specific alignment specs yet. But, the shocks and springs are changed for MY04 (from pre-MY03 RoW GT3's). Nothing else in the geometry seems to have changed (according to the parts list -- which I do have).

Here is the spec for the earlier cars (realize this would be RoW height):

alignmentoldgt3.gif

Dear Renntech members,

I have been driving a number of Porsches on the track for the last 10 years or so, and I am currently driving a 2004 996 GT3 at the Dubai Autodrome. I would very much like to have a track setting that for the GT3. I have the stock setting as shown by Loren, but I would like a more aggressive setting. I have seen a few settings on the net, but I am not sure which one to choose. I drive my car approximately 80% on the track and 20% for club drives.

Many thanks,

Ala

Dear Renntech members,

I have been driving a number of Porsches on the track for the last 10 years or so, and I am currently driving a 2004 996 GT3 at the Dubai Autodrome. I would very much like to have a track setting that for the GT3. I have the stock setting as shown by Loren, but I would like a more aggressive setting. I have seen a few settings on the net, but I am not sure which one to choose. I drive my car approximately 80% on the track and 20% for club drives.

Many thanks,

Ala

The specifications referenced at this link and this link worked very well for me on my 996GT3, I was running that setup with Hoosier R6s.

Front axle:

Camber: -2.5º

Max camber difference, left/right: 5'

Toe total: +5'

Toe difference at 20° lock: -1°20' +/- 30'

Max caster difference, left/right: 30'

Front height: 115mm

Swaybar – 1 from hard

Rear axle:

Toe total: 35’ +/- 2'

Camber: -2.3° +/- 5'

Rear height: 128mm

Swaybar – 1 from hard

• 3 years later...

may i jump in here and ask a question about track set up

assuming the 04 gt3 has the above alignment including sway bar set up

is there any advantage in installing after market stiffer sway bars

the question i am really asking is this

some say that it makes no sense to buy stiffer sway bars until you run at max stiff stock sway bar

but it seems to me that with aftermarket stiffer bars you can keep both ends of the car the same relative to each other but just move to a higher stiffness curve

i apologize in advance for sort of highjacking this post

thanks

• 1 year later...

Dear Renntech members,

Many thanks,

Ala

The specifications referenced at this link and this link worked very well for me on my 996GT3, I was running that setup with Hoosier R6s.

Front axle:

Camber: -2.5º

Max camber difference, left/right: 5'

Toe total: +5'

Toe difference at 20° lock: -1°20' +/- 30'

Max caster difference, left/right: 30'

Front height: 115mm

Swaybar 1 from hard

Rear axle:

Toe total: 35' +/- 2'

Camber: -2.3° +/- 5'

Rear height: 128mm

Swaybar 1 from hard

Hi, I just got an alignment with these numbers on my 996 GT3 RS, and now the front tires are rubbing pretty hard on the black plastic inner liners when I am turning (from only about 20 degrees).

The rubbing spot is the size of a dollar bill, located at ten to ten (looking at a watch) and is done by the outer edge of the tires.

Anyone who have had the same experience and any good suggestions about what to do?

I am running on the original P Zero Corsas - 235/40/18"

Best Regards

Mike