Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cruise Control - Control

I'm still trying to figure out the cruise control operation. Am I correct, if you're going 70 MPH on the cruise control, then want 50 MPH you have to turn off/on the C/C before resetting to the lower speed? The use of the C/C stalk/control certainly isn't intuitive at best? I thought my "84" was primitive, the 2003 didn't get much better... maybe it's just me?

Thanks,

Pushing down on the lever reduces the speed. One mph for each click, or you can hold it down until you reach the speed you want.

Pushing forward on the lever increases the speed one mph for reac click or again hold it until you reach the speed you want, or just click it once if you are at the speed you want.

Pushing down on the lever reduces the speed. One mph for each click, or you can hold it down until you reach the speed you want.Pushing forward on the lever increases the speed one mph for reac click or again hold it until you reach the speed you want, or just click it once if you are at the speed you want.

I hate to labor this, but on my daily driver I can just push the set button and it will take the present speed. I can click 70 MPH, slow to 50 MPH then click again and it sets the new speed. I don't think the 996 C/C does that? You either have to do as you say, hold down the lever until the desired speed is attained, or turn off the cruise control button on the end of the stalk/lever then reset the button, then push the lever again for the desired speed?

Correct?

Thanks,

Mine re-sets at whatever speed I'm at by pushing the lever forward. Just push the lever forward when you are at the speed you want. If I want a slower speed I touch the brake coast down, and push the lever forward.

Hmmm, I believe that's the problem w/ mine, if I do that it goes back to the original speed unless I turn off the C/C and turn it back on... then it will take the new speed. So I might have a hiccup on mine. I'll play w/ it a little more and give ya a post update.

Thanks for your reply...

You can go the speed you want and click the lever once to lock in that speed, or slow down with the brakes to a speed, the brakes turn off the CC, then click the lever once to lock in the speed. But if you want to reduce or increase speed without the brakes or the gas peddle you can also do it one click t a time or by holding the lever.

Edited by Dharn55