Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2 battery CTT, should I disconnect both batteries?

I plan to replace the fuel filter for my 200k km CTT.

so my question is: should I disconnect both batteries or just the main one under the seat before I perform the service?

I noticed there is a ground wire out of the battery box under the driver seat. I assume disconnection of that one is equivalent to removing the cover of the box and disconnect from there.

thanks guys!

• Moderators

Supposedly the fuel filter (inside the fuel tank) never needs changing unless there is damage or external contamination.Fuel tank re-calibration will be required.

Loren would you please describe what means FUEL TANK RE CALIBRATION?Thank you

You will need a PIWIS tester to calibrate it.1. Disconnect the battery and cover terminal or battery.2. Remove cap over the fuel level sensor system.3. Remove fuel level sensor. (attached to the fuel pump inside the tank).4. Using a fuel extractor, completely drain the fuel tank through the fuel level sensor opening.5. Make sure that the two recesses on the left and right−hand sides of the tank are emptied completely.6. Reinstall the fuel level sensor and, with "ignition off", fill the tank with 28 liters of fuel.7. Perform tank calibration with the Porsche System PIWIS Tester:· Select vehicle type (997TT)· Select control modules· Select instrument cluster· Select menu item "Tank calibration"· Confirm calibration8. The fuel level sensor system has now been calibrated.Be very careful when doing anything with the fuel system as there is danger of fire or explosion.

• Moderators

Fuel

Great and thanks a lot.One question left please. What is going to happen if you dont do this procedure after full pump replacement? I had a replacement of all parts at the shop some weeks ago.Thank you

The fuel gauge will not read accurately, can also impact fuel usage calculations in the OBC system for that reason.