Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Having doubts about what order i should put on few mods for CTT

Si i have been eying to put on exhaust (maybe leistung sr1), then later second cat delete, diverter valves, and after that ecu tune.The more i think about it, the more doubt i have.Now, i am starting to think that it would be better to put on the ecu flash and take time to put other parts on later.The dilema i have in deciding exists because some say they have different flashes for different mods.So i keep wondering which would be better, and if it would be bad to put on ecu flash thas assumes i have DV, second cat del, free exhaust, even though i do not, and if it would hurt the car. If i put on the flash i would likely not be able to put on other parts til end of year. That is why i am so undecided. What would you recommend? Getting back to roadracing, there is only so much money and i will have to stick to budget unless i am ok with wife making me sleep in tool shed.

Edited by ciaka

exhaust first....my personal thought is that freeing up existing HP does not affect long term reliability. A ECU tune would.....increased boost, shorten life span on the turbos and possible internals to the engine.

Secondly, relatively speaking....the HP gains per dollar are better than the ECU initially....you can pickup a lot of free power with the secondary cat deletes for a few hundred bucks......or gain a good amount but spend a few thousand on the ecu.

i would do exhaust stuff first.....then if you still need more power for your daily, go for an ECU....diverter valves will be something that may be needed for higher boost levels, but overall won't change the power of the engine.

Would getting ecu tune that is geared to having diverters, second cats out, exhaust, even if you have not installed them, affect the car? If i had that ecu flash, would not be getting other parts for rest of year likely.

I would do the Secondary Cat delete and the ECU tune first. Catback exhausts are expensive and most dyno results you see in magazines have relatively little or no gain. Eurocharged did my tune as was willing to readjust it for my needs. They did encourage me to do before and after boost, and timing logs to see how all was working out. I haven't really seen how these Diverter valves are an improvement, they look fancy but nobody is going to see them on the Cayenne. If you have enough miles and age on your stock ones I would just go with new OEM, they did supposedly do an improvement on them a few years ago.

So after a lot of thinking and figuring out, decided to go the safer route and do exhaust and bolt ons first. Finished talking to the man behind leistung and discussed the options they have for my CTT.

He gave me a lot of great tech info about them. Best of all, agreed to make one of the SR1 exhausts for my CTT, and modify it to be even more aggressive. Cant wait for the thing to come here already. Cant wait to hear the sound. Darn, this is the worst part of any purchase. LOL, just said D* A* M* N*, but filter starred it out....lol.

Edited by ciaka