Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Finally got my Fikse toys...

Thanks to Loren, Mike in CA, Tool Pants, Orient Express, and others for all the advice on "getting jacked"! :huh: :lol:

I bought the "PowerLift Hydraulics Aluminum Racing Jack" from CostCo for $279.00 (I understand that you can get it even cheaper online). The jack capacity is 3000 lbs and weighs in at 33 lbs. It's pretty compact with a very low profile and slides easily under the car.

Regarding the rims, I went with Fikse Profil 10 3-piece forged wheels (offsets 44.45 mm front, 57 mm rear) with Race Satin Anodizing. The Fikse centercaps were standard, but I added a set of anodized Porsche crest caps (probably made by Ralph Boothe). This is apparently the least shiny "protected finish" that Fikse offers, and it requires the least amount of maintenance.

I stuck with OEM tire sizing and slapped on some Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Positions (like I really needed to write out the entire tire name for you guys... hehehe). 225/40/18 F and 285/30/18 R. These tires are terrific. Although their turn in is not quite as sharp as my worn in Pirelli Rossos, the ride is quieter and more comfortable with equal dry traction and much better wet traction than the Rossos. It took about 3 track sessions to whoop 'em into shape. After they got sticky, the S03s had a real nice progressive break to them, although I have to admit that it took some time for the tires to gain my confidence.

Anyhow, here are a few pics of the toys...

Fikse Fun

I bought the "PowerLift Hydraulics Aluminum Racing Jack" from CostCo for $279.00 (I understand that you can get it even cheaper online). The jack capacity is 3000 lbs and weighs in at 33 lbs. It's pretty compact with a very low profile and slides easily under the car.

I bought a very similar jack from Harbor Freight for $149.99 - link is here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=47246

What color is your cab??? (I don't have an '02 options guide on me)

Beautiful!!!

Parker and ESK,

I had paint to sample for MY02. It's actually an old Porsche color called Horizon Blue. I first saw it in California on a 968 cab. I have since seen it on some older 911s and a 993 cab. It was a nice compromise between silver and blue. Thanks for the :thumbup: .

I bought a very similar jack from Harbor Freight for $149.99 - link is here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=47246

YIKES! I think the same capacity jack I bought was selling for $199.00 at the bottom of the page. The $149.00 jack must be lower capacity... if not, then I just lost out on $130!

I was at CostCo and saw the jack. I knew they had been running anywhere from $250 to $550, so I just bought one. My next move was to search for that very site!

I've always like the Porsche Sport Designs... but these are very good looking wheels! :thumbup:

I'm with you, Loren on the Sport Designs, but I wanted that classic web look in a forged design. I thought about the Fikse FM10, but the starry center was a little too classic for me. The BBS LM is nice, but I like the reverse bolt pattern on the Profil 10. It's cleaner looking.

They're a little shiny, but I didn't want to get "bare" wheels. This is apparently the least shiny protection finish that they offer.

Looks great, RJ!

Mike, I bought some jack stands but never got the car up high enough to use them. I just slapped some good wheel chucks under the wheels and jacked up one side at a time. It worked great.

Thanks for all the advice... :cheers:

Looks great, RJ!

Mike, I bought some jack stands but never got the car up high enough to use them. I just slapped some good wheel chucks under the wheels and jacked up one side at a time. It worked great.

Thanks for all the advice... :cheers:

You're welcome, RJ! I agree about the jack stands. As long as you're just changing wheels and not crawling under the car you don't need them. You would have to crank the car up pretty high to get the stands in there....which has it's own risks IMHO....and you only need an inch or so clearance to get the wheels off. I spent time myself this weekend with the car on the jack changing from street to track tires and back again. Being able to easily change both tires on a side at once is a time saver! Again, congrats on the new Fikses. :clapping: