Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need Help With Vacuum Lines

need help, it is a 98 Boxster 2.5 as you see in the picture the red lined tube is the one not in diagram, the blue and green circles i dont know where they go, neither the purple, now the yellow line leads to the back and that too i dont know where it goes, thank-you :)

post-89590-0-30483700-1369256290_thumb.j

Edited by Nivaldo Veliz

Does diagram in post #12 here help?

Blue goes to purple.

Green goes to the valve that's under your passenger side (if your steering wheel is on the left) intake manifold.

<EDIT: This may be wrong, as you've stated you have a four hose splitter, instead of the three.>

Edited by bar10dah

Looking at your picture again, I may be wrong. It appears that valve where the blue and the green are is probably your switch for the resonance flap valve? Which, is probably under the driver's side manifold?

I'm seriously having a hard time visualizing this. Which direction in the picture is forward?

It appears, using the chart in post #3 of the link to Pelican you provided:The black dome thing in the bottom right of your picture is F.The black/white valve to the right of the purple in your picture is H.The switch with the blue and green is probably J. Find K and you'll see where to connect green to.

If that switch is truly J, then connect blue to purple.

I really can't tell what the red is. A better picture of it may help.

And neither the yellow. What does the other end connect to?

Edited by bar10dah

Okay, these are my guesses. Someone that actually has a 4-way splitter system can give you better advice.

I can't tell in the pic if it's connected, but that black/white valve needs to connect to the throttle body sleeve. More specifically, the black side of that valve connects to the sleeve and the white side to the 4-way splitter.

The blue circle in the second pic should connect to the pink in the second pic. In the first pic, it's the blue to purple.

Green in both pics should go to the switch that controls the resonance flap.

I really can't tell what the red is in the second pic. Is that the same as the yellow in the first pic?

yeah, red is the same as yellow in first pic witch i think leads to (K)- (Resonance flap valve)

If one end of that line is connected to the resonance flap valve, then the other end connects to green in both pics.

I PM'd you. I'll try to help more tomorrow.