Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pricing out the pain on doing my fronts myself, just shy of $700 for everything I need from Suncoast. I'm seeing Brembo and Stoptech plus Zimmerman as alternative rotor choices. Is $700 about right for fronts if I do them? I saw a Meyle/Pagid kit on eBay for half that and recall these brands from my BMWs.....

Edited by ALEV8

Meyle is and OEM supplier as well as Zimmermann. The rotors they sell are usually OEM quality except... they usually don't come with the painted hubs like the OEM ones do. You can degrease them and paint the hubs yourself or find a brand that will sell you painted ones. Or just put up with the hubs rusting over but that doesn't look very good through a nice set of Alloy wheels.

I'd stay away from the Porsche pads unless you like lots of dust and a high price. I like EBC Yellows (stay away from the Reds for our heavy pigs), I'm sure you will get some more feedback on the pads. I've heard some good about Stoptech and Pagid makes some good pad compounds including some of the OEM pads.

Thanks! I'll search around for more info, and no I don't like dusty, expensive pads. I have never had plain rotors on my M cars, Merz, and this CTT came with drilled rotors on it. No warning lights yet but the shuddering while braking is making me nervous. I'm going to change my brake fluid as well.

HPS pads are good, and i have run them in the past on everything from track cars to the Cayenne, but i think there are better options out there. I run a set of stoptech pads now. Cheap, and they provide a very linear feel, which is what i'm used to with the track car. The initial bite won't be what the OEM pads were, but the modulation you get is good, and fade under even heavy repeated braking is almost not noticeable.

As for rotors, i stuck with Stoptechs as well (centric is the parent company). Rotor blanks are fairly "dime a dozen" these days. Most of the smaller non OEM companies simply buy rotor blanks from another foundry. R1 concepts MIGHT be the same as another, but who knows.

As for OEM vs. aftermarket, not on the Cayenne, but on my track car, i run cheapo advanced auto blanks with no issue. I have had a full season on a set before without any warping or cracking. my opinion, but stick with blanks, i haven't had a scenario on the street where i would need anything but blanks and a decent set of pads.

I purchased the R1 concepts performance series of rotors for my 05CTT. Awesome, and great price too.

Fronts are directional vanes (remember, when spinning vanes are supposed to let air out from center of wheel, vs. forcing air into the center of the wheel - many mechanics make this mistake when installing).

Rears are non directional vanes (so can go onto your car either way).

Slotted and drilled, with coated hats (black) and edges of rotors (rust proofing)

I installed my rears to match the direction of slots/drill pattern (starting from center of wheel arching down towards rear).

So far, love the rotors. Pads that came with it are ceramic (can buy with or without pads). Since ceramic, do better when heated up so initial bit is not optimal but is all there when heated up.

I've been thinking about the premium rotors from R1Concepts (with black hats and vents to prevent rust) and Hawk HPS pads. Anybody have any experience with these rotors?