Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
John Fondren

Help, faults with spoiler and tail lights won't turn off

Recommended Posts

Yesterday it rained bad and the floor board of my wife's 2005 Boxster had standing water. I immediately disconnected the battery and soaked up as much of the water as I could. The nose of the car was facing downhill, which didn't help. Today I was able to remove the driver seat and take out the alarm control module and dry it off completely. I reinstalled everything after it was dry but now I am getting a rear spoiler fault, as well as the rear trunk will not open. Oh and the reverse lights stay on after the car has been turned of and the key removed. Any suggestions as to how I can fix these issues? Thanks for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
    You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

On 6/24/2013 at 7:29 PM, John Fondren said:

Yesterday it rained bad and the floor board of my wife's 2005 Boxster had standing water. I immediately disconnected the battery and soaked up as much of the water as I could. The nose of the car was facing downhill, which didn't help. Today I was able to remove the driver seat and take out the alarm control module and dry it off completely. I reinstalled everything after it was dry but now I am getting a rear spoiler fault, as well as the rear trunk will not open. Oh and the reverse lights stay on after the car has been turned of and the key removed. Any suggestions as to how I can fix these issues? Thanks for any help.

How did you get this fixed?  I have the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you check your fuse diagram, I think you'll find that the spoiler and rear trunk are on the same fuse. That would be the first place to look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't help the earlier posters, but this sounds like symptoms of water ingress into the Rear Control Module located under the drivers seat. I had precisely the same symptoms, a soaking wet carpet and the RCM was badly corroded. I replaced it and it fixed most of them immediately. A few more issues to resolve yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 8:07 PM, SpawnyWhippet said:

It won't help the earlier posters, but this sounds like symptoms of water ingress into the Rear Control Module located under the drivers seat. I had precisely the same symptoms, a soaking wet carpet and the RCM was badly corroded. I replaced it and it fixed most of them immediately. A few more issues to resolve yet.

 

I had same problem, had water under the passenger seat, rear control module submerged, replaced module, alarm now ok, lights all off, and normal, boot and bonnets now open by the electronic buttons, but have the spoiler stuck in the up position, and the roof does not open, no motor sounds at all.  Do you have to program the rear control module? or have I missed another fault? I have checked all fuses micro switches, and relays all appear fine. what programmer do I need if this is the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobby Allan said:

 

I had same problem, had water under the passenger seat, rear control module submerged, replaced module, alarm now ok, lights all off, and normal, boot and bonnets now open by the electronic buttons, but have the spoiler stuck in the up position, and the roof does not open, no motor sounds at all.  Do you have to program the rear control module? or have I missed another fault? I have checked all fuses micro switches, and relays all appear fine. what programmer do I need if this is the case. 

 

I found faults in the relays above the fuse box. They clicked when activated but passed no current. Replaced them and the roof and spoiler started working again. Also one of the fuses was bad. I reprogrammed the rear control module to match the options in my car using Durametric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Koenbro
      CEL went off over the weekend, Durametric showed a P2190 code.
      Car is a 2007 C4S coupe w/ Tip at 69,000 miles. Basically bone stock, serviced at the dealer.
       
      After checking with Durametric I opened the hood and noticed that the hose clamp connecting the wide Y hose from the airbox onto the intake manifold came loose. So I though there is a vacuum leak, took off the airbox, replaced the airfilter, cleaned the MAF. noticed a few ml of oil-like fluid inside the throttle body just at the level of the butterfly flap; so I cleaned that up. Tightened oil fill and gas caps. Reconnected everything, cleared the code but now it came back a day later. I have an appointment with the dealer in a few days. 

      Any suggestions what I can do to maybe fix this on my own? Many thanks
    • By rennbod
      Moving on from my question about the "test step aborted" code numbers.
       
      One other thing I find, if I try to read the vehicle data from a DME 5.2.2 I get a pop up window that says...
       
      Fehlercode 7014
      Fehler: erwarteter Blocktitel nicht eingetroffen
      (C_SD_FZ_KWP_2000::receivelstwert)
       
      With an "OK" button under it... If I hit the enter key, the PST2 reboots...
       
      Anyone know what this means?
       
      I am begging to think that perhaps a file or data on my PST2 might be corrupt!
       
    • By Dan Babb
      I'm having a problem and think the brake switch is at fault...but not sure.I have the ABS/ PCM lights showing up on the dash.When the headlights are turned off, my brake lights function normally. I don't get the warning lights when the headlight switch is off.
      When the headlights are turned on, the brake lights do not turn on and the ABS/ PCM warning lights come on.
      Would a faulty brake switch be the cause of this or could it be something else?
    • By working4it
      Hello All,
      I am still getting the following error on my 2004 Cayenne S. I used my Durametric to pull the code. I have been having some issues lately. I had P0011 Cam shaft sensor go bad and I replaced it. I have cleared the codes and disconnected the negative battery cable over night. If I run the durametric it will show fault cleared with no faults but as soon as I drive it and test it the code shows up. Any help to figure out what to do is greatly appreciated.
      470 CAN Comfort in single-wire operation-Open Circuit, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light.
    • By seattleturbo
      The city where I live has recently installed radar speed displays all around town. The speed on the displays match exactly with the speedo in my Mercedes.
      However, the speedometer in my 2001 996 Turbo is off by about 10%. When the speedo shows 33 mph, the radar shows 30, when it shows 44 the radar shows 44.
      I have the proper size tires on the car so I have dismissed this as the source of the error.
      Is there any way to adjust the speedometer in my Porsche. I ask because I know I can (somewhat) easily adjust the speedometer in my Mercedes.
      Thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.