Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi All,

Does anyone know the exact difference between the Sport seats and the regular seats on a 2004 c2 996? Is there a difference in the back frame, seat track and adjustment, etc. Or is it just the bat wings.

Also is there a difference in steering wheel diameter and height position between a 2001 and a 2004 996? The 2001 wheel had 4 spokes.

Also what are the differeces between a stock 6spd shifter and the optional sport shifter on a 2004 996? Height, throw, effort,etc.

Thanks,

Stan

sport seats and regular seats are completely different seats. Not sure what bat wing has to do with the seats. butt warmer switch are located in bat wing and that's optional.

I don't think steering wheel size or height is different between 3 and 4 spoke.

Sport shifter has a shorter throw thus lower height and more precise.

Hi All,

Does anyone know the exact difference between the Sport seats and the regular seats on a 2004 c2 996? Is there a difference in the back frame, seat track and adjustment, etc. Or is it just the bat wings.

Thanks,

Stan

I retrofitted a pair of sport seats in my '00 996. The standard seats are fine for most people. I found the standard seat back too constricting; my back was pushed away from the seatback, a quite uncomfortable experience.

I installed a pair of sport seats and they seem to fit me better. The upper bolsters are tight against my sides, and my back actually rests on the seatback. The "batwings" do push my shoulders forward a bit, bit since both hands are on the steering wheel 90% of the time it is perfectly comfortable.

They do provide more upper torso lateral restratint compared to the standard seats. I don't notice any differences between the lower seat cushions.

I have sport seats in my 1999 C2 and I love them because they do fit extremely close around your back and as I like to drive leaning back with stretched arms it is really comfortable around the shoulders too.

Now I hear there are 2 different sizes, one being 1 12/2 inch wider than the other one but that could be a rumor..

I do believe that the sport seat is somewhat more narrow than the standard leader seat.

HarryR

I had the standard seats in my 2001 c2 6spd, and they were about the only seats I had that did not give me any back pain. I bought the car in 2004 and it had 20k on it so I beleive that after 3 years that they may have just been broken in.

I traded in the car for a new 2004 which has the sport seats and after 2 weeks of adjustment, they feel ok but I am left with pain in the back of my lower neck. Hope its just a breakin issue.

I wish I could find out what the difference between the two are but all I can find is "its the seat back".

I like to know if they removed padding, change the seat frame shape etc. I tried to find info on the lear site but came up with nothing.

stan

Edited by stan

Stan, I don't know if the 2004 sports seats are the same as the ones in my 98 but I've had mine in bits and don't see how you will be able to adjust the padding or frame. If you want to take them apart in situ you can do this in a limited way by reaching in at the top of the inner seat back and pulling this section upwards. The inner back section clip will then unhook and fold down. The outer seat back leather can be unpeeled starting at the base of the rear seat back rim. This will give you access to the outer padding. I have a few pics of this if you want.

I guess you could put some more padding in the lumbar area behind the inner back section but, as you will see if you fold this down, there are heated wires behind this and you will have to think about what material you use.

Edited by Paul Fraser