Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Double horn beep when locking car, passenger door will not lock

I have recognised a days ago, that my car will not lock the doors with the key transmitter. When I lock the drivers door with the metal key, the car makes a double horn beep and the passenger door is still unlocked. Then I open the door, the alarm will turn on. I have replaced both door locks because I thought is a microswitch problem of the door lock, but the problem is still present. I have attahed the error codes in the attachment.

Btw, triggering the actuating elements in the door lock by the Porsche software at the dealer ship will lock the passenger door.

Does anybody has an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

post-28192-0-13863700-1388686666_thumb.j

Edited by tacoma

• Admin

(in English for those that nicht spreche deutsch)

1 Doors secured and terminal 15 on -- Fault entry

43 Passenger-side release stuck -- Central locking not possible

44 Driver-side release stuck -- Central locking not possible

61 Central locking limit position Central locking not possible -- Unlocked not reached
Both doors with a stuck latch at the same time? Seems very unlikely to me...
Have you checked for shorts or open grounds with an ohm meter?

I already changed the key fob battery. Yes, actuating the the door locks by OBD 2 software at the dealership was succesful. Both doors have locked and unlocked by the software. They have recomment me to change the "faulty" door locks, what then I did. But the problem is still there.

Does anybody has a plan of procedure for the alarm / door lock module? I mean a plan where you can see which conditions or state (signals from micro switches etc.) must be given from electricals components to lock / secure the doors. My bentley book is just showing the wiring diagrams.

• Admin
Check wiring from alarm control module to door lock for short circuit to ground.

1. Switch off the ignition

2. Pull plug A off the control module.

3. Measure resistance between plug A on control module pin 5 and ground.

- Measure resistance between plug A pin 28 and ground.
In both cases they should measure infinite ohms. If not you will need to repair a damaged harness (or plug).
Check wiring from the system control module for short circuit to B+.
1. Switch on ignition.
2. Measure voltage between plug A oon control module pin 5 and ground.
3. Measure voltage between plug A on control module pin 28 and ground.
In both cases they should measure 0 volts. If not you will need to repair a damaged harness (or plug).
Check wiring from control module to door lock for open circuit.
1. Switch off the ignition.
2. Measure resistance between plug A on control module pin 5 and pin 7 of plug on left door lock.
- Measure resistance between plug A on control module pin 28 and pin 7 of plug on right door lock.
In both cases they should measure less than 5 ohms. If not you will need to repair a damaged harness (or plug).
Check wire from the central locking switch to the control module for open circuit.
1. Pull plug off central locking switch.
2. Measure resistance between plug on central locking switch pin Al and pin 29 of control module plug A.
In both cases they should measure less than 5 ohms. If not you will need to repair a damaged harness (or plug).