Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Still problem with 996tt 3mths down the road

:help:

I am very sad that I still cannot get this problem sorted after a few months. The new MAF 996.606.124.00 I bought from dealer was scratched on the metal film. Faulty MAF pics attached. Now back to the old MAF 5+ yrs old

Repairs done

Throttle body cleaned

Replaced vaccum hoses on top of DVs, metal Y-pipe, the stock solenoid.

New stock spark plugs

Replaced the 4 turbo and intercooler hoses (car reaches target boost, no power loss at all)

Stock hollow wheels n tires

Symptoms

1. Abs/psm ONLY comes on whenever there is a small bump, read with durametric, P0102 Hot film

2. Engine rev dropping below 800rpm @ idle (tuner states it should be 800rpm steady) 3. Above 70kph (~44mph) the abs/psm NEVER comes on.

4. Clear code with durametric, P0102 always comes back.

To sum up the symptom, the car drives perfectly as long as there is some throttle or at WOT. There is no boost leak or power loss. It sits at 1.1 bar at peak boost and no CEL or any irregularities. Problem only takes place during town driving.

Possible issues

1. MAF

2. vacuum leak on the intake side

3 …

Can the car possibily have any other possible issue?

Do you have a LWFW? If you know who did the flash, you could get them to adjust the throttle up a bit. Of course other "guesses" would include MAF, DV's shot or a leak somewhere...

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciated smile.gif

Mine is a tip so no LWFW in this case. Kelvin UMW did my flash and I swear it ran perfectly for almost 5 years until I hit this problem that my indy and I can't solve.

To sum up the issue, as long as the engine rev is above 2000rpm or provided that I have some throttle input, no abs/psm light will ever come on. The car drives perfectly only has the annoying abs/psm issue during idling and city driving. I datalog some normal driving and 3rd &4th gear pulls and my tuner thinks they are absolutely fine. Does this suggest it is some kind of boost leak on the intake side?

Edited by niceguy

I am running stock paper filter and airbox :)

The car drives perfectly with some throttle or more. It is only when it idles that rev drops below 800rpm, sometimes it drops as low as 500rpm and the engine revs up automatically. This issue is killing me. Does it sound like a leak or the MAF?

• 1 month later...
Thanks everyone who helped with my problem

Finally, both the abs/psm, erratic idle and p0102 are all gone. Durametric is telling me there is no error code after driving for 3 days.

The problem was solved through 2 leak tests. The indy found around 5 leaks and also replaced a dozen of other vacuum hoses a as precautionary measure. 3-4 leaks were found near the F hose, but the F hose itself was fine. The first leak test showed also a leak with the venturi T piece with part no. 99611065270. So problem persisted for another month while I was waiting for the T piece to arrive. At last, when this T piece that sits just behind the top of the engine oil filter was replaced, all the throttle response and stable idling are back. The car is perfect again, thanks for all the help. I hope my sharing will become a useful one for those who read this post.