Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone put in a "china" nav unit claiming to work with fiber?

Looking at couple 2006 Cayanne S in my area...all have the CDR23 with Boss and thus fiber MOST. 

Read 101 painful posts on expensive fiber converts and to be honest I cannot remotely understand what product to buy from those supplies with their compliated and messy websites (MOBRIDGE, DENNSION, etc).

So poking around on ebay because a buddy put a China Nav unit in his 2010 Vw Sportwagen and I"m seeing several units on there in the $500-800 range and all claim something like this...

1.If your car come with the BOSE optical fiber system, you need to pay 25USD for the extension cord.If your car come with BOSE, please contact us after your order!
2. Please make a note and tell us wether your car come with the bose optical fiber amplifer or not after your payment,thank you very much!

One shows something called a CAN-BUS adapter included...is the analog or digital to fiber conversion maybe?

Anyone took the plunge or read a good article on anyones experience?

Thanks for constructive comments!

post-13335-0-34593500-1426131885_thumb.j

Edited by rsfeller

• 6 months later...

Just got the newest Android unit from SEICANE.com, this seems to be the until that lots of other vendors are fronting.

Will install it next weekend.  Have to junk the Bose amplifier. Speakers will end up amplified by the internal amp in the unit.

I have had the unit in the car. Everything looks like it works. Nav looks top notch. 

Now we remove liners in the back and disconnect connector from BOSE amp and plug it into the can-bus 15 foot extension and then snake that back to the dash and do some very minor adjustments and that connect to the other plug and play stuff that came with the new head unit.

Looks doable..

If I hadn't had the BOSE fiber optic system would have been a 25 minute job.  Head unit looks good but only time will tell.

Just finished.  It worked.  

No longer have 10 speakers punching out so so Bose sound. Instead have 4 speakers punching out so so internal amplifier sound.

That doesn't really matter since the PCM was pooched and was resetting itself every five minutes and that is if you could get past the fact that the screen had died and was acting totally wonky.

What I do have now is full bluetooth. Full android. Touch screen. Top notch navigation with current maps and traffic. "Seicane S127014 Quad-core Android 4.4.4 In Dash Car DVD GPS System for 2003-2010 Porsche Cayenne with AM FM Radio Bluetooth Music Mirror Link OBD2 3G WiFi HD 1024*600 Multi-touch Capacitive Screen"

details at 

http://www.seicane.com/seicane-s127014-quad-core-android-4-4-4-in-dash-car-dvd-gps-system-for-2003-2010-porsche-cayenne-with-am-fm-radio-bluetooth-music-mirror-link-obd2-3g-wifi-hd-1024-600-multi-touch-capacitive-screen

For $610 US plus about another $100 in shipping and duty and about 3 hours of my time, I'm quite happy.

A lot of the complaints about the fiber system are based on people not understanding what the most system is limited to.  It is only to connect the data from the cd changers, blue tooth gateway, and head unit with the amp.  The speakers are just copper wires, and the connection to the can bus is just copper.  With bluetooth and USB drives who needs cd changers anymore?  Replace the amp in the back with a small multi-channel aftermarket one.  You should be able to get all the speakers working then.

Check out the Dynavin unit. They are awesome and works perfectly with our car.

Hi koolkat,

But which one? There are so many. I did for a Dynavin unit in to my BMW X5 with the CANBUS extension lead and that worked well but BMW never had the in dash navigation prompts. All the multi function steering wheel buttons worked out of the box.

I also purchased a 7" unit for my 997 but never fitted it yet as I really like the dash navigation of the original PCM. I got the Navtv MOST interface as that is supposed to make the Bose interface work, albeit without fader control from front to rear, but ai said I never took the plunge just.

Now I have just purchased the Cayenne and wondering the same thing.....Which after market unit will interface the best....

Edited by angusc

• 1 month later...

Possibly a stupid question but I'm going to ask either way. I have a 06 cayenne S with Bose and I recently bought the seicane android 4.4 unit and seems to come with everything but I can't seem to find the amp. Or do I have the Bose fiber optic thing I keep seeing? Help!

• 1 month later...

I'm getting ready to take make a move in replacing my PCM (2008 Cayenne Base) and am wondering which unit would work if I don't have the Subwoofer Amplifier model? Would any of the "Chinese Plug and Play" models work? Any help would be appreciated , thanks.

• 3 years later...
On 3/12/2015 at 4:41 AM, rsfeller said:

Looking at couple 2006 Cayanne S in my area...all have the CDR23 with Boss and thus fiber MOST

Read 101 painful posts on expensive fiber converts and to be honest I cannot remotely understand what product to buy from those supplies with their compliated and messy websites (MOBRIDGE, DENNSION, etc).

So poking around on ebay because a buddy put a China Nav unit in his 2010 Vw Sportwagen and I"m seeing several units on there in the $500-800 range and all claim something like this...

1.If your car come with the BOSE optical fiber system, you need to pay 25USD for the extension cord.If your car come with BOSE, please contact us after your order!
2. Please make a note and tell us wether your car come with the bose optical fiber amplifer or not after your payment,thank you very much!

One shows something called a CAN-BUS adapter included...is the analog or digital to fiber conversion maybe?

Anyone took the plunge or read a good article on anyones experience?

Thanks for constructive comments!

post-13335-0-34593500-1426131885_thumb.j

Hi! Is this unit a Android 4.2 Jelly Bean? I am desperate after the Update and mcu files , my unit can only get into system recovery but does not boot. I brought mine in 2015 from a shop on Ebay that does not answer my emails, so as this units for Porsche are so exclusive it is quiet hard to find any information... If you have it could you please send it to me on andylima@me.com  Thank you! Kind regards  Anderson Lima

• Moderators

Welcome to RennTech:welcomeani:

You are not the first, nor will you be the last to run into problems trying to mate unknown after market technology in the Porsche MOST and CAN Bus technologies.  Even some "top of the line" audio systems have problems with this.  MOST is fiber optics, and CAN Bus is a single twisted pair networking format.

Good luck.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
37 minutes ago, Dave Golder said:

Is a 2004 Turbo with Bose Can-bus or MOST or Both? Trying to order a Seicane system but not sure what to order?  Is their an easy way to tell?

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

The car is CAN Bus, the audio system is MOST.