Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Moderators

I have a 2004 cayenne turbo and trying to find a new passenger side airbox. I have seen some for the cayenne S. Does anyone know if the airbox is the same for the turbo and cayenne S.

I'd suggest using board sponsor Sunset Porsche's online parts site ( http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/ ) to check part numbers for both vehicles; if they are the same, the part is the same.

I am about to install the stock intakes to see if that helps but I just have the drivers side right now. If I install it and leave the evom intake on the passengers side, will the car drive fine or will it cause air fuel issues between the two banks.

• Moderators

I am about to install the stock intakes to see if that helps but I just have the drivers side right now. If I install it and leave the evom intake on the passengers side, will the car drive fine or will it cause air fuel issues between the two banks.

Any differences in air flow should be adjusted and compensated for by the DME.

So I replaced the airboxes with the stock setup and still the surging problems that occur about 10 minutes after resetting the dme. I am suspicious for maybe a vacumn leak at one of the hoses on the back of the intake as they are the only ones I have not check. Is it possible that a vacuum leak may not manifest itself with problems driving after resetting the dme until the dme has a chance to start adjusting the seeing errors in air fuel ratio from O2 sensor

No vacuum hoses under the manifold that I can remember. Those crappy larger plastic vacuum pipes that Porsche uses can crack and leak almost un-noticed more so than the smaller lines. I'm sure you've checked most all of them but there are the ones running along the firewall, to the Vacuum pump as well as the ones running on top of the manifold up to the throttle body. Likely suspects that would cause an overboost are the ones that split and go to the compressor side of each Turbocharger and then on to the Boost valve mounted towards the back of the engine. A bad Boost (N75 in VAG speak) valve can cause issues. Software issue?

Edited by hahnmgh63

When I use durametric and hit the erase fault codes and reset the adaptation under the engine tab, does that perform the same thing as when I disconnect the battery to reset all the learned engine parameters

• Moderators

When I use durametric and hit the erase fault codes and reset the adaptation under the engine tab, does that perform the same thing as when I disconnect the battery to reset all the learned engine parameters

Yes.