Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

one touch auto up for passenger window

so my passenger window will not one touch auto up from the driver side window switch or the passenger side switch.  the auto down works fine for both switches for the passenger window.  does anyone know the correct procedure for me to try and reset it?

i did a search, but can't find anything.  the dealer says i need part 99762418206 at 632.00 plus 330.00 for labor, but id like to try the reset 1st myself.  they said they tried and even tried something with hooking it to the computer with no luck.   tks!

• Admin

I would certainly try re-training before I spent money on a new motor (US MSRP $526.28). Obviously the dealer is tacking on additional profit on parts and I would say 1.5 hours labor is closer to actual.

Anyway - press and hold the down window button and continue to hold for 10 seconds after it is all the way down. The do the same for up.

If the window then works as it should then you are done.

I doubt the dealer can "guess" it is the motor without opening up the door and checking the condition of the window regulator (cable).

In my experience a motor failure is fairly rare as most issues are the regulator (at half the motor cost).

On is fine or running does not matter.

I would do both - after re-training both should operate the same. If not, then you have a problem to fix.

Neither switch would take. Auto up does not work for passenger window. Driver side works fine both ways, but passenger side no good.

yep, both windows up and down is how it's been for me.  still trying to figure out the passenger side though - won't one touch up any more, just down.  maybe i will have to buy the motor??  don't know what else to try.  anyone have any ideas?  

Loren, tks again for the reset procedure  -  i wish it had worked  :cursing:

I think I am correct in saying that passenger window only is auto up after half way. Hold the switch until half way up then let go ?

interesting because I quote from the manual :-

One-touch operation Press the rocker switch upwards or downwards to the second stage.

Window moves to its final position.

Press again to stop the window in the desired position.

One-touch operation for closing the passenger’s window is available once the window is approximately half-way closed.

That is the way mine works too, hence my comment!

I think I am correct in saying that passenger window only is auto up after half way. Hold the switch until half way up then let go ?

interesting because I quote from the manual :-

One-touch operation Press the rocker switch upwards or downwards to the second stage.

Window moves to its final position.

Press again to stop the window in the desired position.

One-touch operation for closing the passenger’s window is available once the window is approximately half-way closed.

That is the way mine works too, hence my comment!

so i thought i'd check my manual just for the fun of it...

" press the rocker switch upwards or downwards to the second stage.  window moves to its final position.  press again to stop the window in the desired position"

my manual doesn't have the part about half way closed.  page 28...

the dealer tried to reset the one touch with no luck.  no error codes according to piwis and driver side one touch works.  so unless somehow there is a setting that deactivated the one touch for the passenger side only, and they mentioned nothing about that, i'm guessing it may be the motor as that seems to be the common denominator between both passenger switches one touch up not working.  right?

i'm tempted to take a look at the window motor, but wouldn't know what to look for, baring any frayed wires or obvious signs.  any tips?  

I did email with a parts supplier mentioned here on the site and they had a hard time understanding what the problem is and basically told me to start swapping bad parts with good ones????

Each door has its own control module, and are coded independently.  I'm assuming that it has never worked with one-touch.  If it just stopped working, then you may be correct about the motor.  Just another thought - you haven't had a flat battery, or replaced it recently?

As an asides, my drivers side refused to do one touch up, I removed the switch cleaned the internal contact pads and hey presto back to correct operation again. A LOT cheaper than motors! Guess I would start there. Easy to do too. Suspect the passengers side auto after half way up was for 2005 cars only. Seems they changed quite a few things once they were a year or so in!

You need to look inside the door and inspect the window regulator.

If it is fine then the motor is likely.

i guess this is what's next....  i'll check this out once i find some detailed instructions and description of what i need to look for / at.  Tks for the tip Loren.

Seems unlikely to me that both passenger switched go out at once.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this the correct thread, but will the re-learn fix a window that will not come down on a 40th edition 911. As Passenger

window does not come down, it did it this once before and sorted itself, but this time it stuck again  (in fully up closed for when door closed). Have checked console switch's and all is good, hear a click in the door, but get no movement. Otherwise suggestions on what to look for please?

So maybe some one with technical expertise can see a connection here -  passenger side auto up has still been not working. Just tried the 10sec reprogram again the other day with no success. Gave up again as I never found a diagram to access the window motor or window regulator. Any tips for those, please??  

Havent  put the top down in a long time - first time tonight in a awhile. So go out for a snow ball with the wife, pull into the garage and make a wish that the switch works. Put the roof up and the wife says, not again and goes to get out as I try the driver's switch for the passenger window. Auto up and auto down worked. I then tried the passenger switch and auto up and auto down worked. 

So so any connection with putting the top down and auto up/down now working?  What would be the connection if any?  

Tks for any help. 

1 hour ago, JFP in PA said:

The top has a micro switch in the latch that tells the system when the top is all the way up; this controls the top MIL light on the dash, and triggers the windows to go up.  I'd start there.

Just to confirm - roof latch micro switch may be causing passenger side only auto up/down interference?  Is MIL for master indicator light?  Tks

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WTL said:

Just to confirm - roof latch micro switch may be causing passenger side only auto up/down interference?  Is MIL for master indicator light?  Tks

I am basing that on the fact you moved the top, and suddenly everything worked.  There are two micro switches involved, one in the door, the other in the top latch; as you moved the top and it suddenly started working, I would start with that switch.

9 minutes ago, JFP in PA said:

I am basing that on the fact you moved the top, and suddenly everything worked.  There are two micro switches involved, one in the door, the other in the top latch; as you moved the top and it suddenly started working, I would start with that switch.

got it.  so for the door micro switch, would that be the switch that activates the window or something in the window regulator or with the window motor?

got it.  tks!  will try again to find disassembly instructions for door panel.  the only problem after that is that i have no real electrical experience in testing switches - so this may be a problem.....