Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Extended clutch pedal

Just bought a 2004 Cabriolet. Yesterday while driving the clutch pedal extended further than it had been previously. What causes this and how do I fix it? Any advice would be appreciated.

One reason you may not be getting any advice is that no one can understand what the problem is.   What do you mean?  The "clutch pedal extended further than it had been previously" is not clear.  Please explain the problem in more detail.

12 hours ago, DBJoe996 said:

One reason you may not be getting any advice is that no one can understand what the problem is.   What do you mean?  The "clutch pedal extended further than it had been previously" is not clear.  Please explain the problem in more detail.

Thanks for the response... When I first purchased the car the clutch pedal extended just a few inches from the floor. After driving it for a few days I felt it raise to the level it is at now, which is extended to the place where I actually have to bend my knee to have my foot over it. No problems with the clutch itself that I can tell. One guy told me that there may be air in the line???

• Admin

You may well need to change the brake/clutch fluid. If you do be sure to bleed both the brakes and the clutch as they share the same brake fluid circuit. See the DIY in the DIY Tutorials section.

It is also possible that your clutch return spring has gone bad. Item 9 below.

There should be no grease or oil on the pedal mechanism other than a small amount of white grease on the pivot shaft..

pedals.png

• Upvote 1