Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Purchase OBO II analyzer

Most regular auto parts stores sell handheld units for about $100. I bought this one from Kragen. It works well for Porsche, but of course does not have the full capability of the factory system test tool.

• Admin
The one I use with my laptop is reviewed here.

Loren, I saw the review but did not see the tool itself. Do you have a model number and/or purchase place?

This one is not a tool per se - it is software and a cable. You load the software into a laptop computer and then plug the cable into both the laptop and the OBD II port on the car.

Wow - I might just not be getting it. I go to that site and do not see where I can order or from where. I understand that there is software involved but what cable? Sorry for the stupid questions but I am just not getting it for some reason. :help:

It's a hoaky site but all the info is there, inc a pic of the ISO version connector..............select 'Car Code' there......or if you are already on the "OBDII Automotive Scan Tool and Virtual Dashboard site, then scan down to Technical specs. and pictures of routers, connectors and cable

Most regular auto parts stores sell handheld units for about $100. I bought this one from Kragen. It works well for Porsche, but of course does not have the full capability of the factory system test tool.

Mike,

I have the cable/laptop setup that Loren is refering too but it would be great to have a small version like the Kragen in my tool box at the track. What I can't tell from the web site is if you can reset codes. Do you know? I tend to set off my check engine light fairly often and need to reset it at the track.

Thanks,

Jim