Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi

I have a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I had a Cylinderhead damaged and changed the Gasket include Chain. The Engine is now rough idel and miss firing. I read that the Code P0344 can cause the miss fire. The Cam Sensor is new. did anyone had this kind of problems too after chaging the headgasket???

Please let me know

Thanks

7 hours ago, thor1974 said:

yes the engine was running smooth and I set the timing back how is was.

This is bank 1 correct? Assuming you did the gasket change correct? no burnt exhaust valves, head not warped, all tolerances in spec .......would be great to have a write up on that especially the setting of the timing please. (I've had both head gasket replaced engine out job on my 06 ctt done by an indy)

I suggest you remove the valve cover and check the bank 1 cam shaft pick up tabs are not bent or damaged? P0344 relates to cam position and P0300 0303 0304 are multiple misfire codes and cylinder 3 and 4 misfire respectfully.

The other possibility is timing is set wrong or you have some vacuum leaks(much less likely but stranger things have happened on the cayenne), oil in the spark plugs (gaskets didn't seal unlikely as p0344 doesn't relate) failing coils or the coil have damaged wiring harness (less likely or a very unfortunate coincidence and P0344 doesn't relate either) intake manifold leaks to specific cylinders and or injector oring seal leaks (again unlikely). 

I would go with the pick up tabs bent if your confident the other possibilities won't be the cause. Easily bent when you lift on and off the valve cover. 

See below same cause but different code for cam shaft position different to crank shaft position. 

IMG_20161210_071410.png

today I checked first the electric. I have 12Volt on the Sensor. very good ground and 5 Volt goes back to the ECM. tomorrow I will look after the Caps. I will keep you informed what I found out. But I have a new message in the Cluster from the Dashboard it showed now "oil level monitoring failure and PSM failure" and idea what that can be? The Oil level sensor in the oilpan is new.

2 minutes ago, thor1974 said:

today I check the camshaft pick up taps and the little pin was bend. I bend it back and will check now the Timing again. had someone a diagram for the timing marks?

Another one with bent tabs this is turning into common occurrence. 

Let us know what the outcome is, anymore fault codes and what's the running condition now?

Thomas your reading this for sure! 

37 minutes ago, lewisweller said:

Another one with bent tabs this is turning into common occurrence. 

Let us know what the outcome is, anymore fault codes and what's the running condition now?

Thomas your reading this for sure! 

Yes i am reading this.

Many times already it has been discussed in the forum about the importance to take care about these cam shaft tabs when working on the valve cover.

would like to ask what this tabs are doing? Would a problem causing constant    rough running? Misfires? In all rpm range? In some specific rpm range?

if the flap would be broken, how to replace / repair?