The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone know where this is? I was able to catch a code today when my PSM light came on, and I went into limp mode at highway speeds.

I pinout would be nice, so I can trace the can-bus wiring.

DTC 1314 - DME 

Googling around, sounds like loss of connectivity to the DME, all other modules have not logged any issues talking to the DME.

This is the last of symptoms a massive wire harness failure I had late last year, after repair this is the 3rd time this has popped up.

DME has no codes, may be a red herring but the AWS advanced weight module, I have trouble talking to it and my "Passenger Airbag light Disabled" no longer lights up.

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

I got you. Pm sent. You can also access all the info you need at the Porsche techinfo2 website. It is a pay per use service with different plans.

On 2.5.2017 at 3:31 AM, Mr. Haney said:

I got you. Pm sent. You can also access all the info you need at the Porsche techinfo2 website. It is a pay per use service with different plans.

@ Mr.Haney

Would you please share this information with me. I have random PSM failures and my Porsche shop changed already a lot of parts without any success. Thank you very much

Edited by ekstroemtj
Typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Dlowe
      Hi everyone, I just got a set of gauges for a 2005 996. I'm building a simulator for PC and would like to wire the gauges to work with racing games. I am in need of the wiring diagrams for the cluster. If anyone has a picture or manual that can help me out it would be great! Looking for inputs, power, signal.
    • By Roly
      Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the seat on a 2008/957 Cayenne which they can let me have?

I’m trying to chase a fault where the passenger seat will motor up and down and the backrest will adjust forward and aft, but there is no response from the controls to move the seat unit forwards and backwards, or the four-way lumber support control.

Thanks in anticipation...
    • By Ronnie38
      MY2001 911C4 CAB : Had slippage in 3rd when making a 90 degree turn as it shifted into 3 underpower. Ah I though low fluid so I changed the filter and the oil yes Porsche type. Now if I drove it right (go like a Porsche) and so 3, 4th then flashing indicator and limp mode. Took it to an Indy Porsche mechanic, replaced valve body input output sensors, worked on it for 3 months gave back no charge couldn't fix it. So I have been driving it in manual shifting at 2200 RPM works fine if I go to 2700 RPM bingo limp mode. The P0717 just; showed up today as I pushed it.
      The P0717 on line checking said the control module or ground fault. Anyone out there can help? Don't want to throw money at it and buy a control module.
    • By Kevin Bryck
      2002 996

Welcome everyone to another installment highlighting the wonderful world of fragile Porsche parts!

Have both 17" and 18" wheels and have recently lost the metal Center Cap logo medallion off of one wheel of each size.
      While removing the other center caps every remaining medallion fell right off in my hand.
      Metal medallion secured with a random dab of some type of adhesive.

We have reached the end of lifespan of whatever adhesive the Center Cap supplier used to keep precious colored metal medallions stuck to those cheap plastic caps.

Anyone know how to remove old adhesive?
      Anyone have any idea what adhesive to replace it with?
      Anyone know how much the Porsche/Piech families made selling replacement center caps last year?

Remember when paying through the nose for your precious replacement Center Caps that the Porsche and Piech families are the 7th wealthiest oligarchs in the world per Wikipedia.

• By Markotime
      CEL came on, no missing or other noticeable engine anomaly.
      El cheapo ELM OBDII reader produced these codes:  Was able to extinguish CEL.
      P3104 Intake manifold air control solenoid - short to positive
      P0104 Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Intermittent
      P0204 Injector 4 – circuit malfunction
      This suggests an intermittent wiring short.  Any ideas on where such might have occurred?
      Thanks in advance

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.