Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 Carrear 4s Help!

Sorry to bother you guys again, but this decision is killing me.

I really like the look of the 996 Carrera 4s and a well-optioned 997 2s is really a bit high for me. I want to stick with the 996 Carrera 4s but I want to know if this car is in good shape or not. Here are the exact specs:

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

Price: US$ 82,950

Mileage: 367 Miles

Color (Exterior): Seal Grey Metallic

Color (Interior): Full Leather - Black

Displacement: 3.6 liters

Power Output: 320 HP

Drive Type: AWD

Transmission: Manual

VIN: WP0AA29994S621584

Installed Options: 18" SportTechno Wheel

Automatic air conditioning

BOSE High End Sound Package

CD Shelf Center Console

Comfort seat L elect.positioning

Comfort seat R elect.positioning

Cruise Control

Heated Seats

Instrument Dials in Aluminum Look

Litronic Headlights with Washer

On Board Computer

Porsche Stability Management (PSM)

Remote Control Alarm

Supple Leather

I went to the dealer and checked out the car fax and everything, this is what i was able to find out. The car was purchase from CT dealer at 25miles, guy drove it and traded it back at 125 miles, then it was a demo car at the CT dealer, then my dealer bought it at 315 miles, now the car was 460 miles on it.

My question is will I have reliability issues with the car further down the road? I really like the car and I just want to make sure the car won't break down on me. The car is also Porsche certified, so i guess 2 additional years of warranty. Please help! Any advise would help! The price is good, just need to know do I need to be worried about the existing milage! THanks!

-Want to be porsche owner in distress.

Tough call. I'd bet those miles were not "easy" miles, but probably not to the point of abuse, since most of the miles probably had a salesman along for the ride.

Have you checked to see if any warranty work was done? Try contacting the old dealer and ask if any service records exist.

The C4S is a wonderful car, but if you'll be driving around with a bunch of doubt in the back of your mind, then I don't think you'd be able to fully enjoy it. If you can put those thoughts away and just think that anything that goes wrong will be covered by warranty and fully enjoy it, then I'd say go for it.

Are you comfortable with the price? My local dealer had a remaining 2004 C4S that was over $12k off sticker. I'm not sure of the mileage, but it was advertised as "new".

Good luck with your decision,

Scott

Nah, spending $80k and getting a used demo isn't a good idea. I'd get a new C4S if there any or a normally driven (not demo) C4S for around $65k. Porsche salesperson often encourage fast driving to impress driver. Those miles are not carefully driven and not properly broken in.

If you still want to spend $80k+, order a 997 C2 or C4 S. The 997S are much faster than 996 C4S.

Hold on a mintue, I am confused. Is 82 the original sticker or asking price? I assumed that was sticker and selling prices was much lower. If asking price is 82, skip it and shop around.

-Scott

Hold on a mintue, I am confused.  Is 82 the original sticker or asking price?  I assumed that was sticker and selling prices was much lower.  If asking price is 82, skip it and shop around.

-Scott

i got it down to 75k w/o cert and 76k with certificaiton. i think i am going to purchase the car.

If you like the color and options, go for it. There is no way short of a maniac on the loose that could do permanent damage to such a low mileage car. My '04 now has 11,000 miles on it since I bought it (new) and is solid as a rock, using almost no oil and requiring zero maintenance.

82K sounds high with those miles and the fact its been titled. 70-75 is more in-line. I have a 04 C4S with 6K on it and the car is solid and a blast to drive. I also think the new 997 doesn't quite have the same look as the 4S and I'd wait for the new 4s or turbo before going into the new model. I have the performance package on my car and I feel my C4S is just as fast and handles better than the new 997. I'd go for the C4S and drive the hell out of it! It loves to be driven hard.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to bother you guys again, but this decision is killing me.

I really like the look of the 996 Carrera 4s and a well-optioned 997 2s is really a bit high for me. I want to stick with the 996 Carrera 4s but I want to know if this car is in good shape or not. Here are the exact specs:

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

Price: US$ 82,950

Mileage: 367 Miles

Color (Exterior): Seal Grey Metallic

Color (Interior): Full Leather - Black

Displacement: 3.6 liters

Power Output: 320 HP

Drive Type: AWD

Transmission: Manual

VIN: WP0AA29994S621584

Installed Options: 18" SportTechno Wheel

Automatic air conditioning

BOSE High End Sound Package

CD Shelf Center Console

Comfort seat L elect.positioning

Comfort seat R elect.positioning

Cruise Control

Heated Seats

Instrument Dials in Aluminum Look

Litronic Headlights with Washer

On Board Computer

Porsche Stability Management (PSM)

Remote Control Alarm

Supple Leather

I went to the dealer and checked out the car fax and everything, this is what i was able to find out. The car was purchase from CT dealer at 25miles, guy drove it and traded it back at 125 miles, then it was a demo car at the CT dealer, then my dealer bought it at 315 miles, now the car was 460 miles on it.

My question is will I have reliability issues with the car further down the road? I really like the car and I just want to make sure the car won't break down on me. The car is also Porsche certified, so i guess 2 additional years of warranty. Please help! Any advise would help! The price is good, just need to know do I need to be worried about the existing milage! THanks!

-Want to be porsche owner in distress.

:lightbulb: