Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Does anyone know where this is? I was able to catch a code today when my PSM light came on, and I went into limp mode at highway speeds.
I pinout would be nice, so I can trace the can-bus wiring.
DTC 1314 - DME
Googling around, sounds like loss of connectivity to the DME, all other modules have not logged any issues talking to the DME.
This is the last of symptoms a massive wire harness failure I had late last year, after repair this is the 3rd time this has popped up.
DME has no codes, may be a red herring but the AWS advanced weight module, I have trouble talking to it and my "Passenger Airbag light Disabled" no longer lights up.
I have issue with CR220 on 2002 Porsche Boxster Base, it didn't power on at first so here is the progress I made sofar
- Read the blogs/youtube and removed the radio after purchasing the radio removal tool from Walmart (~$6)
- Found the fuse behind the radio was blown (10Amp), replaced it with one from local auto store
- now the radio is ON but prompting for **CODE**, thanks to Renntech got the code to unlock it
- Entered the CODE now the radio seems to be working but NO audio !!!
- Looked at the service manual and fuse details since some of the blogs pointed me to fuse box and the fuse for the AMP.
- The 7.5Amp fuse was blown on the fuse box ROW D and Number 9 (D9). So while I am waiting for the fuse to arrive (from amazon) I - - had a 15AMP fuse handy and tried to insert it but there was a spar when I tried to do that !!!, guessing a short to the ground some where down the wires.
- So started to remove Audio related modules from the front of the trunk. And found two Bose modules one seems to be the AMP big black casing with lot of vent holes. And there is another module don't know what it is. After I disconnected the wiring connectors from these modules I was able to insert the D9 fuse in the fuse box. So I am guessing there is something is wrong with the AMP or the other Bose module.
Did you see similar problem ? What are these two modules for ? there 3 connectors going to these two modules. Any ideas on how to fix it or get it repaired (i don't know which one of these two has the issue or short)
Have a 2005 base package cayenne without the Bose package, like to know if the wiring is there to add the Bose factory subwoofer and amp for it. And would i also have to change the head unit to the Bose as well to get the full benefit of it. Dont want to go to all the trouble just to add a little bit more low end to it, but would like to know before i buy a subwoofer for it.
By OU Targa
05 Cayenne base, standard original radio but wanting to upgrade so I can get touch screen bluetooth etc....
If I have the standard base radio, is that still a BOSE radio system (i.e. bose radio/amp, and MOST system?)
I know I don't have the upgraded sound system but am not clear if I still have the same upgrade issues regarding the MOST system (seems like everyone refers to it as the Bose Most system or similar so does that mean the standard equipment is NOT-BOSE).
Do I need the Most HUR 955 interface no matter what or is there a chance that the non-upgraded default radio does not require it?