Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

hi all ,, looking for some advice,, the airbag light fails to light up when key inserted or ignition switched on. its been stood for a few months without use but iv kept the battery optimised, it was plugged into a piwis last year to reactivate the heated seats and headlamp wash as the battery had been flat for a while, they did a code scan and the only fault was nearside rad fan innop, which iv replaced, so 7 months ago no srs fault codes ,, now the system check malfunction light does NOT come on at all, also were is the srs ecu located,, thanks 

• Like 1

Just a thought, maybe check the battery for proper voltage. If it's slightly low strange things can happen.

The PPI of my car alerted that the battery voltage was a little low and warranted replacement. I had my MY04 986 Tiptronic in my possession for one day and everything was operating great, no slow starts, it all seemed normal. Then, driving in manual mode I came to a stop on a slight incline, shifted into first, then got the flashing D/4 alternating led gear indicators, it went into limp mode. The next day I replaced the battery, the day after that I drove it in limp mode to the Porsche dealer that did the PPI. They scanned it and it returned "multifunction switch failed", but after clearing the code and test driving there was no problem found, and that code has never returned. 

The only reason anyone could think of is that the slightly low voltage gave the system a conniption fit. The battery that came with the car was about 5 years old, and the car had only driven a few hundred miles in the year previous to my purchase. Just a thought.

• 1 year later...