Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Red blinking light by temp cluster.

Good evening, Everyone

Today I replaced the cooling expansion tank because It was leaking. Wow.. took me too long to do. After putting all together, I turned the car ON a bit to make sure everything ok and I noticed a blinking red light (slow blinking) next to the Temp gauge. The light stay ON after idle for few minutes. Is it possible the Temp sensor broke when I swap it? The coolant level looks good..

Thank you

Daniel

Good afternoon,

I tested driving a bit to get the car to 180-190 temp the light still flashing.

I first tried to burp the car when setting around warning engine. I started to small coolant and when checking there was a costant drip (more like a hose was left somewhat open dripping from the side of the tank. I the metal burp lever down and stopped,  Did that 2 times and both times leal.

Is the burp system supposed to burp air or liquid?

The Temp did not go over the 190ish range. 

Following  notes from another post:

I checked if my sensor was missing, but it is where it is supposed to be.

Would the light come on if too much coolant? I noticed while hot the coolant was higher than the MAX line. Will drain some after it cool down and stays high.

I have video, see attached.

Thanks

Daniel

• Moderators

You moat likely have an air pocket in the system which is causing the issue; this is not good and you need to get it out.  The normal procedure to refill this cooling system is to do it under vacuum using a special tool like the Uview Airlift system which evacuates the system and then pulls the fresh coolant mix in under vacuum, eliminating any chance of air being retained.  This tool can also be used to pull entrapped air out of the system the same way.

Hello  Everyone,

Yesterday I tried to use my new Uview setup, but had a weirdvthing happening. First of all, Inonly empty the reservoir. The Vacuum gauge would got to green section but then return to middle red area, bouncing up/down. As if a valve was openned and that was it, was only able to drained 1/2 gallon or so. As per my previous message, I think the burp system is not working properly.  I have sent messages to FCPEuro for feedback.

Thank you

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Rodriguez

• Moderators

OK, the vacuum gauge will bounce as air pockets get pulled out; but if the bounce continues to happen, something is opening and letting air in, which should not happen.....

And if the bleeder/tank assembly is not a factory Porsche part, get rid of it and get a real one.  We have NEVER had any luck with aftermarket tanks.

• Moderators

Word of advice: Multiple aftermarket parts sellers, like Pelican who is one of the worst in this respect, sell what they call "OEM" manufacturer parts like the coolant tanks and AOS units, which is at the best, very misleading.  The manufacturer in question may be an OEM supplier to Porsche, BUT NOT FOR THE PARTICULAR PART IN QUESTION.  In the case of your tank, Mahle is an OEM supplier to Porsche for engine parts like pistons; but they do not supply the coolant tank.  This, unfortunately, is quite common in the trade, so you need to know what you are getting before you spend your hard earned $.  In my shop, we do not do business with any vendors that behave this deceptively. 

• Upvote 1