Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2005 C2S with full leather interior and have noticed something that has got me wondering. My rear seats are composed on two cushioned surfaces, one at shoulder height and the other one you sit on. There is a noticeable cavity in the lower back area, something my 12 year old complains about on long trips. ;-)

Now the interesting point, I was at the dealership and had a look at the C2S Cab and it had a third cushioned surface in this lower back area. Am I seeing things or are the cars different and if so why?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have a 2005 C2S with full leather interior and have noticed something that has got me wondering. My rear seats are composed on two cushioned surfaces, one at shoulder height and the other one you sit on. There is a noticeable cavity in the lower back area, something my 12 year old complains about on long trips. ;-)

Now the interesting point, I was at the dealership and had a look at the C2S Cab and it had a third cushioned surface in this lower back area. Am I seeing things or are the cars different and if so why?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I'd guess it's because the seat backs in the Cab are fixed, but the coupe backs fold down to provide a small shelf.

No, I'm not sure, and it was just a guess. I looked in the MY06 order guide and there's no mention of it there - it's not pictured in the seating diagrams either.

Is is possible it is an aftermarket accessory? Does it have anything to do with the audio system, whether standard or Bose? (Again, just guesses based on no info in the order guide.) :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Coupe and Targa get the same rear bottom seats - Cabs get a different one.

Coupe/Targa

post-2-1124201644_thumb.jpg

Cabriolet

post-2-1124201667_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Any ideas as to why? I've spoken to my dealership and they are at a loss as well. The rear seats in the coupe are really uncomfortable even for a 9 year old and the complaint is the missing lower back support. It's not a big deal but it has got we wondering?

• 4 months later...
Any ideas as to why? I've spoken to my dealership and they are at a loss as well. The rear seats in the coupe are really uncomfortable even for a 9 year old and the complaint is the missing lower back support. It's not a big deal but it has got we wondering?

I'd guess it is something to do with the seat position. I have a coupe and have tried sitting in the back. I also tried sitting in the back of a cab and it seemed a lot further forward. I'm not sure if this is just the shoulder area or the whole of the back seat area.

• 4 weeks later...

The cabs have less back seat room because the top takes up a lot of room. In fact, the seats lean forward a bit more. They could have put those extra pads there to help support the back a little better to deal with the leaning issue.

:soapbox: Either way, Porsche obviously doesn't use humans to test the rear seats which is unfortunate since that is why I'm buying a 911 and not a Boxster or something else.

In the coupe, you should just bring a childs pillow or sofa lumbar pillow so your child can be more comfortable for longer periods of time. If your child is 9, then consider a Britax Starriser Comfy seat which as a back, is narrow and lightweight, and fits nicely in the back seat. It also provides better support for the shoulder belts.