Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Searching for the complete wiring diagrams 987

• Admin

I have the preliminary 997 service manual and the wiring diagrams are not in it yet - so I doubt the 987 wiring diagrams are out yet either. In the past they have usually come out 8-10 months after the first car ships. I'll keep my eyes open though...

• Admin
As we do not need the diagnostic function, is there a way to get only the manuals and wiring diagrams from this system?

Regards, Sven

At this point it does not look like it. I think you might have to pay for the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files from Porsche Technical Information website. In the US they cost $110 per manual section or $5200/per year. They show the 997 wiring diagrams are available there for $110. Just remember what you get for $110 is what is "currently" available if they update or correct that section of the manual you have to pay the full price again to get the updates.

Porsche is charging 3 to 10 times more that other manufacturers for this type of data (even more than Mercedes!)... In the US they are currently required by law to make this information available - unfortunately the law only "suggests" a reasonable cost for access to it. Please don't get me started on this as I have a very strong opinion on that... :angry: :angry: :angry:

• 4 months later...

I have the wiring diagrams for the 2005 997 and 987 if that is any help. I have noticed that the manuals have more than doubled since I got my sets for the 997 and 987. Perhaps a few other members that are interested in trying to maintain a current set could email me and we can see what we can do.

• 1 year later...
I have the wiring diagrams for the 2005 997 and 987 if that is any help. I have noticed that the manuals have more than doubled since I got my sets for the 997 and 987. Perhaps a few other members that are interested in trying to maintain a current set could email me and we can see what we can do.

Can you please help me as I think I need the wire diagram for the radio as I want to ask the performance shop to rewire a FM transmitter wire for my ipod as I only have a cd24 radio without PCM.

2nd I am having a hell of time trying to install my HID conversion kit and the lights would flicker or 1 would turn on and 1 woudl turn off. I bought the xetronix set with some sort of computer tricker or destabilizer (not sure) but the guy states that should fix it. HOwever as you guessed, that didn't help. So I am done 550 dollars and cannot get the darn lights to work.

I thought to take the wire schematics to the performance / electrical shop to have them add on maybe some relays or diodes because it seemed to be an electrical problem and not the problem of the HID.

please advise.

thanks

I have a 2005 987 non s with retarded halogens and useless radio

:soapbox:

Can you please help me as I think I need the wire diagram for the radio as I want to ask the performance shop to rewire a FM transmitter wire for my ipod as I only have a cd24 radio without PCM.

2nd I am having a hell of time trying to install my HID conversion kit and the lights would flicker or 1 would turn on and 1 woudl turn off. I bought the xetronix set with some sort of computer tricker or destabilizer (not sure) but the guy states that should fix it. HOwever as you guessed, that didn't help. So I am done 550 dollars and cannot get the darn lights to work.

I thought to take the wire schematics to the performance / electrical shop to have them add on maybe some relays or diodes because it seemed to be an electrical problem and not the problem of the HID.

please advise.

thanks

I have a 2005 987 non s with retarded halogens and useless radio

:soapbox:

tmoney, you have a pm... also, check out my posts on aftermarket HID kits and the 987.

• 5 years later...