Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Spirited driving tire pressure

Kiko

I tried to search with no luck... Whats your experiences on tire pressure for the road? I got an Euro Turbo with P-Zeros... I'm thinking on going 34f and 40r, what do you guys think?

Regards

On the track you do not want to run street tires at less than 41/45 hot. If you run less than that you will roll the tires and cord the outside shoulders if the car has street alignment.

Spirited driving means different things to different people so what works for one person may not for another. I would start at the factory settings, drop pressures a pound at time and watch your tire wear.

Also tire gages are never accurate. At the track once I got 4 or 5 from different people. The variance was 3#. Use a decent one and if you can use two. Check them against each other so you can see if one of them starts to go bad.

Spirited driving means driving fast around a couple of bends on a twisty road and stopping afterwards on a traffic light for instance meaning that maximum grip on NOT very hot tires is the goal since you don't sustain high speeds or push the car for more than a 2 couple of minutes at a time. I think the the 33/38 set up should be a good start for the track (to eventually reach the 41/46 hot) but marginally low for the road...

Edited by Kiko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I tried many combos and for all round performance, 34/39 seems the best I tried 'till now. This includes High speed highway, and fast twisty roads AND city driving.

Hi, Kiko. Do you have even wear across the tread at those pressures? TIA