Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Performance Springs

Just bought 22x9.5 wheels for my New Cayenne S. Next purchace will be performance springs to narrow the gap. Which brand and size should I go without scraping tires?

wheels:

22x9.5, offsett 55mm with 285/35/22 (not yet mounted)

Choices of Performance Springs:

Eibach: 1.2", 1.4", or 1.7"

H&R: 1.3" or 1.6"

Intrax: 2.0"

Has anyone done this mod?

Which spring and size should I go for?

Just bought 22x9.5 wheels for my New Cayenne S. Next purchace will be performance springs to narrow the gap. Which brand and size should I go without scraping tires?

wheels:

HR , i've had Techart on my old S which is basically Eibach, ride was very harsh :D

wheels:

HR , i've had Techart on my old S which is basically Eibach, ride was very harsh :D

H&R was my first choice since I had it on my 87 Supra Turbo before and was recommended by many.

Thanks for the advice. I will be posting the before and after pictures once I get them installed.

• 1 month later...
Hi 06CayenneS,

I am going under the same route as you. I have a set of 22 inches wheels and now ordered a set of H&R springs. Can't wait to see your before and after pics.

I have not purchased the springs yet although I have mounted my 22 x 9.5.

Hi 06CayenneS,

I am going under the same route as you. I have a set of 22 inches wheels and now ordered a set of H&R springs. Can't wait to see your before and after pics.

Thanks 06CayenneS,

Is it necessary to setup the alignment of the cayenne again after the springs and wheels installed?

Hi 06CayenneS,

Thanks 06CayenneS,

Is it necessary to setup the alignment of the cayenne again after the springs and wheels installed?

I believe so and its bit pricy for the alignment job. I have asked a porsche mechanic and it is part of the setup to do the alignment.

You must do an alignment, there is no way around it. My question is, has anyone gone to a tire store for an alighment instead of the dealer?

I will be installing the springs and redoing the alignment this week, should I be using the alignment information from the following thread? http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5016

or is there another alignment setting for the lowered spec.?

Thanks in advance,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I have installed a set of H&R springs for a week now. I must say the ride comfort is kinda harsh, but it look 10X better. :P

Now that you've had them in for 4 months, do you still find it harsh? How doe the handling compare to the stock springs?

• 2 months later...

Where are you guys located? I'm also very interested in performance springs... I live in SoCal and was wondering what's a good reputable shop to get these springs installed at?

I was debating between Eibach, H&R, and Techart...

What size did you eventually get? How much did it lower it?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I have installed a set of H&R springs for a week now. I must say the ride comfort is kinda harsh, but it look 10X better. :P

Now that you've had them in for 4 months, do you still find it harsh? How doe the handling compare to the stock springs?

Sorry for not replying sooner. The ride on the H&R spring alone is rather bouncy and doesn't feel right at speed. Then I had a set of Bilstein shocks put on to match the shorten travel of the spring and it's all firm up but harsh on bumpy road.

I have attached a photo for my Cayenne with H&R springs & Bilstein shocks combination.

post-11410-1170492981_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

I just got 23 rinspeeds for my cayenne s on springs. tire size 315, 25, 23

im about to drop on eibachs because i have heard the ride in a little bit better than h&rs. if not let me know! ill try something else.

I am also looking for the largest or tallest tire I could put on these rims. I know 23 are not that common, but has anyone put any large tire on any other rim sises?, if I have the size i can calculate the hight than I can convert it to see what the largest options are for me to install with ought hitting the upper ball joint. has anyone modified the ball joint to get larger tires on? what sise tire were you trying to fit? I was considering it. please help, Thanks, Justin

now 315-25-23 hight29.2 too small

posibilities?

305-30-23 30.2

305-35-23 31.7