Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

30k Service......What gets done?

I purchased a 2004 Boxster from a dealership recently with 29k on it. I am suprised (yeah I know) that they

didn't mention I would need the 30k service to keep the warranty in effect. Does anyone know what the dealer will do for the

1k they say it could cost. Is the estimate they gave me sound about right.

I plan on a diplomatic negotiation for a discount on the service, but seeing how they somehow forgot to mention it when I purchased

the vehicle I am somewhat leery.

Any advise to this new Porsche owner would be greatly appreciated. :thankyou:

It's not clear to me that (1) there is a 30K service interval. See:

http://www.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/defa...iletype=default

Although service intervals have increased, I'm not sure they have increased from 2004 to 2008. Perhaps they have significantly. In any case, if you have a 30K service interval, it's not clear you *must* use the dealer to conduct the service required at 30K miles.

To your question, service intervals and the recommended checks and maintenance are also located:

http://www.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/defa...iletype=default

good luck

I purchased a 2004 Boxster from a dealership recently with 29k on it. I am suprised (yeah I know) that they

didn't mention I would need the 30k service to keep the warranty in effect. Does anyone know what the dealer will do for the

1k they say it could cost. Is the estimate they gave me sound about right.

I plan on a diplomatic negotiation for a discount on the service, but seeing how they somehow forgot to mention it when I purchased

the vehicle I am somewhat leery.

Any advise to this new Porsche owner would be greatly appreciated. :thankyou:

Yes, there is a 30,000 miles service for a MY04 Boxster.

You can find the info at the link below

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?a...nt_box_us_mj_04

Loren, now that he knows what needs to be done, it's a matter of doing and documenting it. The question is what he will need down the road to dispute the denial of a warranty claim if he's missed something and a preventable, catastrophic error has occurred. If the dealer did the inspection and missed it, you have one "enemy," so to speak. If he does it himself or has an indy shop do the maintenance, there will invariably be questions about whether the failure occurred somewhere other than the dealership. Interesting. The intervals have changed.

• 2 years later...
  • Admin

Yes, there is a 30,000 miles service for a MY04 Boxster.

You can find the info at the link below

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?a...nt_box_us_mj_04

Loren.....does "Replace spark plugs" mean just plugs, or plugs/tubes/o-rings.....the whole 9 yards ?

Usually just plugs - but coil packs and connecting wiring should also be inspected.

Any oil leaks should also be investigated. Really only MY99 and older cars had oil tube issues until upgraded.

Plug replacement on my '03 was easy, jack the car up, remove the rear wheel and take your time. Took an asortment of allen wrenches to get the coil packs orr, the wires to the pack plug in from the top.

As far as the waranty part, just go to your dealer and buy the plugs filters and other parts, then keep the receipt and write in the car's maintenance manual what you did. I would buy the oil at a local parts place, again, save the receipt.

If you brake fluid hasn't been replaced it's time to flush it, you need a liter. And if you don't know if the collant hasn't been replaced, I'd do it too, two gallons coolant and two gallons DI water for an "S" car.

If you've worked on your own cars before none of this is tough, and there is probably a member close to you who could help and offer guidance.

You need to have a good talk with the dealer, was it bought from porsche? if so then the 30k service should have done before the vehicle was purchased by anybody as the vehicle was so close to its service time. if the vehicle was not bought from a porsche main dealer then its up to the garage.

Regards,

Greg.