Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

cayenne s 3.0 hybrid fault code P055600 brake booster pressure sens

• 3 years later...
  • Admin

P055600 Brake booster pressure sensor vacuum

Fault setting condition(s)
- This detects a faulty electric brake booster vacuum pump
- This detects a brake booster vacuum that is too high, too low or implausible

Possible causes:
- Check brake pedal sensor adjustment
- Check whether vacuum is physically OK (leakage, etc.)
- Check wiring harness
- Check relay for vacuum pump
- Replace vacuum sensor
- Check DME control unit for correct program/data version
- Replace DME control unit

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Same problem on 2014 Panamera S Hybrid

Found this tech document on internet. 

Any one know what to check? I think is not a good solution to change the 3 complete vacuum lines. for only a leak o problem on one specific part. 

As the systems detects a vacuum problem it disable the electric mode and turn on the engine to ensure the mechanical vacuum pump to work and that way preserve vacuum for the brake booster. 

Edited by Loren
Removed copyrighted material

• 2 months later...

Hello, it´s only a official Porsche  PDF, please find attached the screen shot of that document, hope some one know what is happening. 

Any one have documentation about what the Guided Fault Finding and Diagnosis Information says about this vacuum System? 

Edited by Loren
Removed copyrighted material

• 6 months later...

Dear JFP,

Yes I read the different possibilites. I tested with the PIWIS and I got the same message but I'm not sure how to investigate further and it would be interesting to know how the other members solved it concretely.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, j4nus said:

Dear JFP,

Yes I read the different possibilites. I tested with the PIWIS and I got the same message but I'm not sure how to investigate further and it would be interesting to know how the other members solved it concretely.

Pretty straight forward, you just follow the possible causes tree, eliminating them one at a time until you find the cause.  Even the absolute best diagnostic tools only provide a sense of direction of where to find the fault; none that I know provide a set of directions, which is where the technician's diagnostics capabilities come into play.

Hello, just update that I have find the issue on my Panamera, after testing all posible components, it was the vacuum pump relay, that is located under the passenger seat. 

the relay itself sems to work fine but even when activating it’s solenoid, it was no connecting correctly the positive terminal for the vacuum pump. The contact was not good, so replaced the relay and all issues have gone. 

hope this could help you! 

Ok thanks for the update.

I didn't know there was relay under the passenger seat.

I have already ordered this relay (number 370 here and located near the motor in a black box) and waiting for its delivery. 

Also I have notice that since I have repair the relay, and hybrid mode is back to normal, when the car is Parked for a week even when charged is plugged , 12v battery gets full consumed even if the HV battery is at 100% 

I have also that problem before the P0556 fault code but since I have that error no more battery problems. 

before, when not plugged to charger and a week parked the HV battery also get to 0% and then the 12v. On the past the Dealer make test and try to reproduce the fault and they tell all is ok and there was no problem but that is not true as both battery’s keep discharging.

Anyone with same problems? Any clue?? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 12:46 PM, Halu17 said:

I think on cayenne maybe could be different location.

The relay I have changed is the atached one:

Dear Halu17,

Thanks for the picture.

I got the relay 644 (it's the replacement relay for 100) and replaced the relay. It's located at the same place than yours.

Unfortunately I still got the same error message last week (once in 2 weeks after the replacement).

Probably another relay must be replaced but I don't find any documentation about the usage of the relay under the seat and under the hood.

Edited by j4nus
error

6 hours ago, j4nus said:

Dear Halu17,

Thanks for the picture.

I got the relay 644 (it's the replacement relay for 100) and replaced the relay. It's located at the same place than yours.

Unfortunately I still got the same error message last week (once in 2 weeks after the replacement).

Probably another relay must be replaced but I don't find any documentation about the usage of the relay under the seat and under the hood.

Have you test vacuum pump working good, vacuum Lines, vacuum presure sensor and check valves??

if there is a vacuum leak the fault code would be the same 

Hi Haly17,

Thanks for your message.

I did a visual check and did not see anything wrong. I can also hear the pump running.

The yellow warning is not popping up every time, only once every 2-3 weeks. If there was a real issue I imagine I would get the warning every time.

After diagnostic, I get P055600 (brake booster pressure sensor circuit range, P049100 secondary air injection system bank 1 insufficient flow, P049200  secondary air injection system bank 2.

Next time I will clear the codes, see what it coming again and try to start a diagnostic once I get the warning.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, Halu17 said:

Have you test vacuum pump working good, vacuum Lines, vacuum presure sensor and check valves??

if there is a vacuum leak the fault code would be the same 

hello, did you resolve the issue? I have P057B code on P057B code and check engine light comes and goes, as well as the faulty hybrid system comes and goes. please let me know thanks

1 hour ago, hass777 said:

hello, did you resolve the issue? I have P057B code on P057B code and check engine light comes and goes, as well as the faulty hybrid system comes and goes. please let me know thanks

Hello my solution for the issue was changing the electrical  vacuum pump relay under the passenger seat on the Panamera. 

hope this helps.