Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Add switch to 02 PSE carrera

I have a 02 C2 with PSE and I want to add the switch. Do I need to upgrade the PSE realy? My current one has part number 996 618 980 02, do I need 996 618 980 03 relay? It seem to me that the 02 relay don't 've anything on pin 4 and pin 7.

Yes, you will have to upgrade to the 03 relay. The 02 relay does not have the

switch override built in (the pins are not connected internally

nor does the circuit board have the circuitry).

• 10 months later...

Hi, did you get your retrofit of the Tip switch for the PSE completed? I have an 2002 C4S with the PSE and also want to add the switch.

I am having trouble working out the wiring I have the switch and the 03 version of the relay do you have any suggestions.

I bought the wiring harness but coparing it to the TSB on the retrofit of PSE the coloured wires seem to be pre-engaged in the wrong terminals of the connector blocks??

Thanks

Wow - just found a comment on another PSE thread - 'don't take any notice of the terminal numbering on the relay its the numbering on the relay socket which is what the Techincal bullitin refers to'.

The numbering is tiny white raised numbers on a white terinal block very difficult to see.

It all makes sense now!! Thought I was going mad!! usually able to read a circuit diagram OK - couldn't beleive the bullitin would be so wrong.

Great forum thanks

• 1 year later...

I do not have the switch on my 02 C4S which has the PSE from the factory... I checked behind the dash today and I was surprised to find a harness with no switch... does anybody have an idea what it could be? would that mean the switch install may be very easy??? is it something else??? I can live without the switch but would like to install it just for fun!

Thanks!

• Admin
I do not have the switch on my 02 C4S which has the PSE from the factory... I checked behind the dash today and I was surprised to find a harness with no switch... does anybody have an idea what it could be? would that mean the switch install may be very easy??? is it something else??? I can live without the switch but would like to install it just for fun!

Thanks!

I would have to guess - knowing the color code of the wires and how many might help...