Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

987/98C workshop

I just got some new information and have put together the 987/987C ( Boxster and Cayman ) workshop manuals with the CDs that Porsche has sent out to the dealers this year. The manuals are aprox 3,500 pages and cover the 987 987S and 987C.

I will try to attach one page for you to see

1001TW_0.htm

Edited by Porschelibrarian

• 3 weeks later...
I just got some new information and have put together the 987/987C ( Boxster and Cayman ) workshop manuals with the CDs that Porsche has sent out to the dealers this year. The manuals are aprox 3,500 pages and cover the 987 987S and 987C.

How do we get this set?

• 7 months later...

Porschelibrarian,

I have the first US 9ff Cayman kit-2 which included a new box (old one sawed out by 9ff, along with the MAF sensor), a reprogramed ECU and a new exhause with vacuum-controlled valves to bypass the mufflers. The only problem with being the first is that I now have a "check engine" light P0444 (canister purge valve, open connection or no signal). The US cars are the only ones yet with fuel-tank ventilation required by these charcoal canisters, so 9ff may have muffed this. They Fired their US dealer, so I have no recourse except 9ff in Germany and they are toatlly non-responsive. So I must try to see what is going on myself.

Do you have shop manuals that show how teh various sensors are hooked up? Particularly those associated with fuel tank purge via the charcoal canister. Maybe I can trace down a loose connection and not have to pitch the whole thing in order to be able to drive it in the states.

Alternatively, does anyone reading this know how to fix the P0444 I keep getting on my durametric reader, either by the ECU code, totally redoing it (it was coded by 9ff) or fixing the problem in an other way. Otherwise I'm out of luck at license renewal time!

Thanks in advance!

Charles Hohenberg

cmh@wustl.edu

(314) 727-1767 (h), 935-6266 (w) 369-3377 ©

Edited by arctic silver

• 7 months later...

i am interested in this as well. thank you.

• 2 months later...

I am interested a getting the CD workshop manuals for my 987S. Please email information and pricing at bbbb431@charter.net. Thanks - 44niner

• 1 year later...

Hi do the manuals include pictures of the wiring harneses of the back of the pcm.

secuuda

Edited by secuuda

• 8 months later...