Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Where to purchase the 996 Technical Manual

Hi

I've been searching the internet for a Porsche service manual for my 2001 Carrera C2 but without luck. Anyone know where I can buy a service manual for a 996? I would like the Technical Manual they reference in the TSBs, since it's hard otherwise to fix things.

-- Bjoern

Whoops! Sorry, it's ~590MB, not 535.

-Mike

How's the quality of the scan? I've seen that site, but was wary of downloading an illegible document.

Hi I got mine from www.workshopmanuals.co.uk and they are all crystal clear. They look as though they were transfered to disc by Porsche Maybe they were. But the quality is very good. and it includes the PET manuals on GT3 and the GT.

Hi I got mine from www.workshopmanuals.co.uk and they are all crystal clear. They look as though they were transfered to disc by Porsche Maybe they were. But the quality is very good. and it includes the PET manuals on GT3 and the GT.

hm, I can't seem to find a 996 manual on www.workshopmanuals.co.uk.

Hi you might want to contact them directly. I bought their set on CD from the Internet. Oh and it also includes I believe the complete set of TEQ catalogs, and other ones, LIT which covers the released manuals, ATK which replacement parts from antennas to engines, STZ seats all and parts of them, Aa well as what appears separate catagories just for US release parts.

hm, I can't seem to find a 996 manual on www.workshopmanuals.co.uk.

I wasn't able to find it by navigating through their website, either. Instead, I googled something like "996 workshop manual uk." That brought me to the correct page on www.workshopmanuals.co.uk. Weird.

Whoops! Sorry, it's ~590MB, not 535.

-Mike

How's the quality of the scan? I've seen that site, but was wary of downloading an illegible document.

ViolaGT3, you seem to have the answers to all of my renntech queries this week. :clapping:

I wasn't able to find it by navigating through their website, either. Instead, I googled something like "996 workshop manual uk." That brought me to the correct page on www.workshopmanuals.co.uk. Weird.

Could you please provide the URL that you discovered, since doing the google search you recommend doesn't get me there?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Don't mean to beat this subject to death but does the referenced link cover MY2002? Its not clear from looking at their website.

Thanks for the help.

Those manuals are out of date. And they will not include your 3.6L engine. I have the updates thru 2006 and with wiring diagrams for all years from 99 thru 2005 and the TSBs thru 2006.

The 996 CD/PDF they offer only covers 99 and 2000. If you look at their PET it about 4 years old. It shows update number 160 and the current version is 212 and each version comes out about once per month so 52 versions, 52 months puts it how old????

If you would like updated and as current as possible information let me know. I am constantly working to try to stay updated to keep you updated.

Edited by Porschelibrarian

...If you would like updated and as current as possible information let me know. I am constantly working to try to stay updated to keep you updated....

Librarian, I 'v e got the .uk manuals for my 02 C4 and they are incomplete. Some engine stuff, Xenon lights, etc. What are my options to get my service data current (without spending a billion bucks)?

• 1 month later...
...If you would like updated and as current as possible information let me know. I am constantly working to try to stay updated to keep you updated....

Librarian, I 'v e got the .uk manuals for my 02 C4 and they are incomplete. Some engine stuff, Xenon lights, etc. What are my options to get my service data current (without spending a billion bucks)?

Send me a PM and I can assist you for a reasonable price. You should really get the current PET as Porsche has finally assigned part numbers and shows the internal parts in the Porsche 996 6 speed transmission. You need update 208 or newer