Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am sorry.

OK sorry guys I know this stuff has been posted all over. But i can't sem to get it right. I have a MY00 with a CDR-220

I want to hook my Ipod Nano up to my radio (with docking station) so that I can control everything from my radio and charge the ipod in the docking station. How do I do it, and where do I buy it. Pertend I am really dumb.

Thanks guys

OK sorry guys I know this stuff has been posted all over. But i can't sem to get it right. I have a MY00 with a CDR-220

I want to hook my Ipod Nano up to my radio (with docking station) so that I can control everything from my radio and charge the ipod in the docking station. How do I do it, and where do I buy it. Pertend I am really dumb.

Thanks guys

buy a new head unit with ipod control.

Thanks guys

If anybody could chime in with a less useless answer

Thanks guys

If anybody could chime in with a less useless answer

you'd rather insult people than find the answer yourself. nice work

Edited by humara

There is no way you can control your iPod from a CDR 220. Without changing the radio, the only thing you can do is making a connection from your Aux input to the iPod. When selecting Aux the CDR 220 will play the music from your iPod.

For charging the iPod, you could maybe modify a cheap iPod car-charger.

The alternative is swapping your CDR 220 with a Becker Indianapolis or Mexico system and adding the custom connector. (100 $ or so) Then you can control the iPod from the dash and charge it the same time.

Assuming the CDR220 is the same as the CDR22 as branded in Europe, I have a Dension Ice-Link hooked up between the iPod and CDR. The iPod is recognised as a CD changer by the headunit. Limitations are that you only have direct access to the first 5 playlists via the headunit, and to access the other playlists you need to use the iPod clickwheel. All in all, it's a painless setup that took 5 minutes to install. The Dension also charges/powers the iPod when it's attached.

I believe that Dension also supports the MOST bus.

Edited by polarexpress

You cannot control an iPod with the Becker head unit. Your best bet is to get the becker aux input cable, and an iPod RCA and power cable off of ebay then with the RCA cables to the AUX input and the power to the becker phone cable. For more detail check out my Registry hack.

i guess my answer was useless.

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread....Denison+Icelink

but i'm not pretending.

I thank you for all the help. I have done some research, and I did not find the answer to my question, (although I did find many differnt ways to hook up my Ipod)

I have been looking into the ICE link. I called them 3x and have yet to talk with anybody. Other then there site, is there a safe place to buy one? I already bought the cable to hook up the Ipod to the back of the CDR220, so I think I just need to find a good car mount.

Any ideas there~

In the UK, Densions are very popular and are also retailed and installed through a major car-parts chain (Halfords). They are available through a number of online retailers, and they also come up on eBay quite often.

the Icelink doesn't have a big control box either: for pre-MOST cars (pre-facelift 996), it's just a cable and inline module that is about as discreet as it comes. This is handy as you can stsh the iPod in a number of places: under the carpet, under the seat, in the glovebox etc.

Try this site: http://www.proclipusa.com/deviceholders/deviceholders.aspx

Use the Shopping Wizard in the upper left to look for ipod holder then select the car model / year.

If you already have the holder for the ipod then the bracket for the Boxster is all you'll need. I don't use an ipod, but the bracket is great for my XM radio, connected thru the Aux port onto my CDR220.

i guess my answer was useless.

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread....Denison+Icelink

but i'm not pretending.

I thank you for all the help. I have done some research, and I did not find the answer to my question, (although I did find many differnt ways to hook up my Ipod)

I have been looking into the ICE link. I called them 3x and have yet to talk with anybody. Other then there site, is there a safe place to buy one? I already bought the cable to hook up the Ipod to the back of the CDR220, so I think I just need to find a good car mount.

Any ideas there~